Encouraging Insomnia Information

[Jo...]

Sleep Disorders

"If you aren't getting enough sound sleep (i.e. uninterrupted and complete with dreams), then over time this can create imbalances in your brain chemistry.  You're unlikely to get migraines for this reason alone, but it can be a major factor when combined with one or more other problems.  If you have a sleep disorder such as insomnia, take comfort:  as you lie awake in bed in the middle of the night, half of your brain is actually asleep.  This means your body is still healing, and your central nervous system is still rejuvenating... so if you can, try not to get frustrated or angry when you have a wakeful night.  Understanding this secret alone will make you less susceptible to sleep related issues. It's a physical illness that creates insomnia, and is covered by this book EBV, Shingles, Lyme disease, ... use the advice in the pertinent chapter and in part four, "How To Finally Heal" to help recover from it.  If you are not getting enough sleep because there aren't enough hours in the day with all of your obligations, try to think about where you can cut back.  It may feel impossible since the alternative is losing hours or days of sleep issues.  Carving out more hours for sleep is a better trade.  You deserve to respect your body's limits. "

(from a book I am reading)  I'll post more, if I learn more in the other chapters.

Kindly,

j

Sleep Disorders

"If you aren't getting enough sound sleep (i.e. uninterrupted and complete with dreams), then over time this can create imbalances in your brain chemistry.  You're unlikely to get migraines for this reason alone, but it can be a major factor when combined with one or more other problems.  If you have a sleep disorder such as insomnia, take comfort:  as you lie awake in bed in the middle of the night, half of your brain is actually asleep.  This means your body is still healing, and your central nervous system is still rejuvenating... so if you can, try not to get frustrated or angry when you have a wakeful night.  Understanding this secret alone will make you less susceptible to sleep related issues. It's a physical illness that creates insomnia, and is covered by this book EBV, Shingles, Lyme disease, ... use the advice in the pertinent chapter and in part four, "How To Finally Heal" to help recover from it.  If you are not getting enough sleep because there aren't enough hours in the day with all of your obligations, try to think about where you can cut back.  It may feel impossible since the alternative is losing hours or days of sleep issues.  Carving out more hours for sleep is a better trade.  You deserve to respect your body's limits. "

(from a book I am reading)  I'll post more, if I learn more in the other chapters.

Kindly,

j

Post a link to the book, please.

Edit: Added text.

Sleep Disorders

Kindly,

j

Post a link to the book, please.

Edit: Added text.

You've probably already heard of it...  I'm not into the "hocus pocus" spiritual aspect of his source, but I've tested some of his practical health and diet advice and found it to be fairly reliable and true.

https://www.amazon.com/Medical-Medium-Secrets-Chronic-Mystery/dp/1401948294/ref=sr_1_2?crid=20DPKV5VDDI2F&keywords=medical+medium+by+anthony+william&qid=1570429340&sprefix=medical+medium%2Caps%2C208&sr=8-2

The other day, he had this book on sale for 50% off.  He always does sales periodically on most of his books.  Either that, or Ebay might have one for less.

Very interesting. It helps not to freak out so much.

That's exactly what it did for me.

Yes Jozsef, the approach of insomnia is something useful for us and I'll take it. However I've gone to the link and read the reviews on the book. It seems the author has proven to be very greedy, charging a fortune for private sessions and wanting to register the name of the divine spirit that supposedly sends him all this knowledge, so I think we should take the book with a grain of salt. Not freaking out about insomnia is sound advice though. So many buddies have reported this to be the only way to handle it. I'm sorry you're going through this.

Yes Jozsef, the approach of insomnia is something useful for us and I'll take it. However I've gone to the link and read the reviews on the book. It seems the author has proven to be very greedy, charging a fortune for private sessions and wanting to register the name of the divine spirit that supposedly sends him all this knowledge, so I think we should take the book with a grain of salt. Not freaking out about insomnia is sound advice though. So many buddies have reported this to be the only way to handle it. I'm sorry you're going through this.

Yes, vnm, I agree with what you said about the spiritual aspect of his source.  That's why below on reply #3, I posted this remark for all to see:

" I'm not into the "hocus pocus" spiritual aspect of his source, but I've tested some of his practical health and diet advice and found it to be fairly reliable and true."

Take care, and thanks, and I'm sorry for what you are having to go through as well.

Kindly,

j

(1 Thessalonians 5:21)

Yes, vnm, I agree with what you said about the spiritual aspect of his source.  That's why below on reply #3, I posted this remark for all to see:

" I'm not into the "hocus pocus" spiritual aspect of his source, but I've tested some of his practical health and diet advice and found it to be fairly reliable and true."

Take care, and thanks, and I'm sorry for what you are having to go through as well.

Kindly,

j

:smitten:

Kindly,

j

:smitten:

VNM

Thank you so kindly, for not taking my response the wrong way.  I was hoping it didn't "feel" negative towards you.  God knows none of us need to feel that way.  I hope my response didn't bother you in any way.... I'm going to assume that it didn't by the nice smiley.  Also, I appreciate you being concerned about the well being of others including myself, and thank you so much for your compassion and kindness towards me. 

j

Jozsef of course I wasn't bothered! I read you in other threads and you're a very loving and compassionate person. I hope you are soon blessed with the sleep you need so badly.

I have said in many of my posts on the "insomnia" forum that freaking out or punching the pillow and tossing and turning will only ensure you won't get much, if any sleep.  Not worrying if you sleep or not will go a long way towards slowly getting your sleep back.  No one can "force" themselves to sleep, especially by freaking out.  Sleep is only something you can do when your body is ready for it! :thumbsup: