Is there anybody who did partial crossover from klonopin to valium?

[Ro...]

Hello!

I want to make a crossover from Klonopin to Valium because I can’t decrease the Klonopin. I did a reinstatement and I’m in tolerance withdrawal. I have not enough valium to make a full crossover, so I want to replace just 0,25 or 0,5 mg Klonopin with Diazepam. What do you think. Could it help to get off of Klonopin?

Thank you

Enikô

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ro...]

• [be...]

• [Ba...]

• [Mo...]

I wonder the same thing.  I'm having severe I/D withdrawals on my klonopin and am getting to where I'm not sure I can continue down this path.  I still continue to cut, though. 

I wonder the same thing.  I'm having severe I/D withdrawals on my klonopin and am getting to where I'm not sure I can continue down this path.  I still continue to cut, though.

Hi! What are your simptomps and when did they start?

I have lots of experience crossing from klonopin to Valium.......what do you want to know?

Hi!

Is this a good idea to crossover just a small amount of klonopin to Valium? Could it helpin tapering?

How did you do the switch. Klonopin is much more potent and I feel the withdrawal on the second week usually. How can you manage it wit the valium?

Thank yoy

It depends on what you want to do. I was on so much klonopin that I could not do a complete cross over. It takes a long while for Valium to get in your system hence that feeling. I never got that. Benzos made us lose so much. But they cannot control your taper. Let me know how much you want to do and I’ll take you through it. Easy as pie 🥧.

I think we discussed this in another thread you opened. I suggested what was similar to me. Cross over the 1 mg. We can also help you cross over the .625 mg. Pick your poison please.

It depends on what you want to do. I was on so much klonopin that I could not do a complete cross over. It takes a long while for Valium to get in your system hence that feeling. I never got that. Benzos made us lose so much. But they cannot control your taper. Let me know how much you want to do and I’ll take you through it. Easy as pie 🥧.

My doc prescribes me max 10 mg diazepem. First he wants to see, how does 5 mg works. They don’t know the diazepam and thats why I think about partial crossover. 1 mg Klonopin is 20 mg diazepam. I can’t get it. That’s why I’m not sure what to do. Is there any benefit to switch this small amount?

Thank you:

Enikö

Yes there is a benefit. I know of one friend of mine from a long time ago who could only handle 2 mg Valium. Any more would make her sick. I did something similar but to a greater degree. So take 5 mg and replace that with .25 mg K. Then you’d have a total of 1.375 mg of k to taper. Wait a week before you drop the k. Next take the other 5 mg of Valium and replace it with .25 mg k for a total dose of 1.125 mg k and 10 mg Valium. Capish?

Yes there is a benefit. I know of one friend of mine from a long time ago who could only handle 2 mg Valium. Any more would make her sick. So take 5 mg and replace that with .25 mg K. Then you’d have a total of 1.375 mg of k to taper. Wait a week before you drop the k. Next take the other 5 mg of Valium and replace it with .25 mg k for a total dose of 1.125 mg k and 10 mg Valium. Capish?

Thank you!

One week is enough? I,ve red terrible storys about the crossover because of the klonopin withdrawal Symptoms.

Thanks

Enikö

It should be. No more than 7-10 days. If it were me I’d avoid liquid Valium. From my experience it seems to be weaker. Good luck and try not to worry. You can’t believe everything you read.

It should be. No more than 7-10 days. If it were me I’d avoid liquid Valium. From my experience it seems to be weaker. Good luck and try not to worry. You can’t believe everything you read.

Unfortunetly in Hungary no liquid Valium just one kind of pill called Seduxen.

Enikô

Nope. The klonopin first.

Thank you again!

Just one more question: isn’t it possible just to add some diazepam to the klonopin and not crossover.

Today I’ve felt so terrible, that I try to take a half diazepam tablet (2,5mg), I’ve never done something like this. It was so much better all the day. When I take a klonopin, it’s always worse, after taking it. Some adverse affects. Is this an updose and tomorrow it doesn’t work, or it could help? I don’t know what to do. I’m not stable after my fast taper and reinstatement. I always have withdrawal simptomps, I’m in tolerance withdrawal. I can’t decrease my klonopin, but I feel terrible also when I don’t cut. I can’t do this. I go to my psychiatrist this week, but he can’t really help. Do you have any opinion about this?

Thank you.

Enikö

Thank you again!

Just one more question: isn’t it possible just to add some diazepam to the klonopin and not crossover.

Today I’ve felt so terrible, that I try to take a half diazepam tablet (2,5mg), I’ve never done something like this. It was so much better all the day. When I take a klonopin, it’s always worse, after taking it. Some adverse affects. Is this an updose and tomorrow it doesn’t work, or it could help? I don’t know what to do. I’m not stable after my fast taper and reinstatement. I always have withdrawal simptomps, I’m in tolerance withdrawal. I can’t decrease my klonopin, but I feel terrible also when I don’t cut. I can’t do this. I go to my psychiatrist this week, but he can’t really help. Do you have any opinion about this?

Thank you.

Enikö

Are you sure you’re in tolerance withdrawal? That’s heavy duty. It doesn’t seem likely to me per this reply you just made if the klonopin makes you sick. It could be klonopin doesn’t get along with you.

Of course the logical solution would be a total cross over but you said your doctor will only allow you 10 mg of Valium. This might be troubling. Yes that was an updose. You want to avoid those as well as taking the Valium the 10 mg and not dropping the klonopin. That would essentially increase your overall dose which you have to taper anyway.

And since you said you get sick when you take klonopin, why not get rid of .5 mg of it by crossing over as we discussed? But it’s good the Valium agrees with you. Is there any way you can bring a copy of the Ashton Manual to your doctor where it clearly states her opinion that Valium is a better drug to taper? Or perhaps finding another doctor more willing? I suppose you can hammer in the idea that klonopin makes you ill and Valium makes you feel better? If those are not viable than I believe your choice is the combination of the two drugs. I know another person in Europe who has the same problem. It seems at last some of the doctors don’t like Valium. I’d give those options some thought.

Thank you again!

Thank you.

Enikö

Are you sure you’re in tolerance withdrawal? That’s heavy duty. It doesn’t seem likely to me per this reply you just made if the klonopin makes you sick. It could be klonopin doesn’t get along with you.

Of course the logical solution would be a total cross over but you said your doctor will only allow you 10 mg of Valium. This might be troubling. Yes that was an updose. You want to avoid those as well as taking the Valium the 10 mg and not dropping the klonopin. That would essentially increase your overall dose which you have to taper anyway.

And since you said you get sick when you take klonopin, why not get rid of .5 mg of it by crossing over as we discussed? But it’s good the Valium agrees with you. Is there any way you can bring a copy of the Ashton Manual to your doctor where it clearly states her opinion that Valium is a better drug to taper? Or perhaps finding another doctor more willing? I suppose you can hammer in the idea that klonopin makes you ill and Valium makes you feel better? If those are not viable than I believe your choice is the combination of the two drugs. I know another person in Europe who has the same problem. It seems at last some of the doctors don’t like Valium. I’d give those options some thought.

Yes, I’m sure, that I’m in tolerance withdrawal. I feel terrible since the reinstatement and I can’t do anything. The Klonopin doesn’t work anymore. I’ve hoped, that I can decrease the Klonopin, but I Can’t and I reinstated or updosed too much. Do you think a crossover of the full amount could help? In hungary there is really no doctor who knows or use the Ashton manual. I, ve tried to speek with 9 psychiatrist. The one who knows Something about benzos doesn’t know and use diazepam just Klonopin. I’ve one doctor who try to help me, but he doesn’t know much about benzos. He told to try diazepam, but just try. Do yoy think that the small amount of diazepam wouldn’t help me? Than what can I do? I’m really scared now. CT is the only possibility?

Hi Rozalinda67

What I ended up doing was adding 1.25mg of Valium daily on top of my oxazepam dose to help with I terrors withdrawals and then tapered all the way off the oxazepam with Valium on board. It definitely made things a lot easier for me and I noticed the difference a little over a week on the Valium. My psych was trying to get me to add 5-10mg of Valium, but I didn’t want to have to taper a large dose of Valium after so I just tried a baby dose and it worked fine! Hope you. An find a plan that works for you.

I guess it is up to you to decide what to do. I just don’t understand the part where you say you feel sick when you taper and sick when you take a dose of klonopin. If think you have to decide what to do. If you are indeed in tolerance withdrawal you have to consider that an updose either might not help or will only work for a little while.

“When I take a klonopin, it’s always worse, after taking it.”  ??? I have a friend in your shoes. I’ll see if he agrees to message you. I’m not sure as he’s very private, but also from Europe and very smart.

Hi Rozalinda67

What I ended up doing was adding 1.25mg of Valium daily on top of my oxazepam dose to help with I terrors withdrawals and then tapered all the way off the oxazepam with Valium on board. It definitely made things a lot easier for me and I noticed the difference a little over a week on the Valium. My psych was trying to get me to add 5-10mg of Valium, but I didn’t want to have to taper a large dose of Valium after so I just tried a baby dose and it worked fine! Hope you. An find a plan that works for you.

It’s not an updose wich usually doesn’t work? I know That diazepamit is another type of benzo, but many people say, that the updose doesn’t work for them. It’s not that kind of thing?

Thank you:

Enikő

I just sent him a message. I’m not even sure how often he visits here as we’ve both been here for quite some time.

Thank you! It’s really kind of you. I’m so scared.

Enikô

My doc prescribes me max 10 mg diazepem. First he wants to see, how does 5 mg works. They don’t know the diazepam and thats why I think about partial crossover. 1 mg Klonopin is 20 mg diazepam. I can’t get it. That’s why I’m not sure what to do. Is there any benefit to switch this small amount?

Thank you:

Enikö

Do you mean, that on the first week of crossover I take 5 mg Valium and 0,25 mg Klonopin in one dose, and drop the Klonopin just a week later?