This Sunday- Lisa Ling

[Jo...]

There is going to be an incredible show to shed light on what we are all going through this Sunday on CNN. "This is Life" with Lisa Ling will focus on the ignored benzo epidemic! I hope this helps people understand what our challenges are, and what a serious situation this is for our nation.

Dang. Just saw this! 10 pm Eastern.....but because it is CNN I bet you can access the show with your cable provider On Demand.....it was a good show. They mentioned Benzo Buddies by name. I bet the number of visitors we will get tomorrow will be huge. Hope there is enough bandwidth.  Lol!

40 new people registered for BB in Introductions October 7 after the Lisa Ling documentary aired. And the day has barely begun.

I stayed up to see this on Sunday.  I've been so angry about the lack of knowledge in the general public about Benzo's. I've told very few people about my experience. My immediate family understands but others either don't believe or are cautiously helpful.."maybe you just need some vitamins".

I'm happy that a mainstream program is highlighting this, but fear the flood of attention and "well meaning" solutions.  Hopefully it will at least prevent new prescriptions and future injury.

We do need the attention and I'll get over my fear.

There are just so many ignorant people out there and overwhelming for me to deal with.  I'm so thankful for those on the front lines pushing this forward.

[5b...]
Ditto Turtle, this drug has robbed me of my health and my life, overwhelmingly so. So grateful to those in the trenches pushing forward to get the reality of this horror out there.

Watching Johnathan's story really upset me. It really hit home on how close can be to giving up and how sad it was that pills made him give up. His doctors failed him at every turn. What a shame.

It was so incredibly sad. His video was so hard to watch because I have felt that exact feeling so many times. It particularly  struck a chord when he said 'I used to be a productive member of society' I think I have said that a thousand times, I'm sure you all have too.