Inside CNN Benzos Report: The Next Big Drug Crisis?

[Ms...]

I’m confused by the focus. Why is this a long advertisement for someone who doesn't appear in the episode, and who people cannot contact for help except through unnamed "online message boards?"

Good Question.  What's this about her patenting a titration method?  Are we going to have to pay to get it?  Lacks transparency.

Sure was an accurate description of our problem.

Sure was an accurate description of our problem.

This was the part I was happy about of course. Morreweg has the link for the part about Jana Hill. I don't remember specifics, but I remember it being an odd story.

First, I will say that Jana Hill ran the benzo detox recovery forum online from Boulder, Colorado.

As far as contacting her, I also wouldn’t know where to begin. That part does lack transparency. Additionally, I think she has some paranoia problems herself. I belonged to her forum and I did learn quite a bit. She said that tapering clonazepam In whole milk was a good method and I’ve used it ever since.

But for me, unfortunately, she did push the idea of a total daily taper. I tried it, and I could not do it. I needed holds, and she did not believe in them. Then there was another problem which I seriously do not know what happened. I received a pm one morning from a fellow here called tortoise. He seemed to be trolling her website and recognized me from my signature here on BB.

I read that PM, was confused as he did not identify himself as tortoise, but by his actual name. He gave me his phone number in the PM, so I drove right away to a local gas station, and I called him. He wanted me to enter a center and do a detox off the clonazepam using antidepressants as the doctor there had said that benzo withdrawl was really a problem of lack of serotonin. He went into great detail about this great hospital where he had been (it was a big hospital and well known as I remember). I told him that this was an impossible situation for me due to distance, $, etc. and that was pretty much it.

I had 4 doctor appts that morning all before noon, and came home and got going. Later that evening, I was called on the phone by another member that a troll was targeting the benzo detox forum. So I got on, and there he was. He was going by the name of Ray, and was making comments to many. And then I got a phone call from Jana. She talked about this troll to me and to watch out. And then, I told her that he had actually phoned me and that I had called him back. She was glad she said that I told her this.

And the next morning, I was banned from that forum completely. I called another member who told me that she now thought I was a troll. And no intervention by others would change her mind. I was a novice and naive then, but not now. My opinion, here, is that Jana may know her stuff, but she has her own problems to deal with. She may be better now, but I do not know or care. And I cannot do a daily taper although for others it may work fine.

But as to any other subject matter, as long as we are talking about safe taper methods for getting off these drugs as in as slow and safe for the individual as needed, it’s a good article IMO.

And since I’m now editing this post, I will add that in addition to Safe Taper protocols called for by the BIC, we should add that it is NEEDED to PROTECT and HELP the already HARMED person.

WE ALL MATTER!!!

A very good article. I'm so happy that the truth is finally being told!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I especially appreciate this: But there's no research, really, to let us know if this is permanent, and it's definitely an injury — although the real nightmare and damage begins after the medication has left your body. It has nothing to do with, 'Oh, I want to take it again.' It's a complete malfunction of your central nervous system." Krissy speaks the absolute truth.

Benzos aren't addictive in the traditional sense; patients who discontinue use don't crave them. Rather, Shannon says, "it's a physical dependence. What happens is, the body accommodates to being on these things and then has difficulty coming off them. They have prolonged withdrawal issues, and some people, no matter how much support we give and other interventions we do, just aren't able to get off the medications."

I can't stand it when I keep reading about people "craving" the drug and being thought of as an addict.

I found this surprising, only because I keep reading that we're a small minority. Somehow that didn't fit right. I don't believe that we're a small minority and never have: The reason is simple: In Shannon's experience, "up to 50 percent of people who've been on benzodiazepines for more than a few months have great difficulty getting off. And those who've been on them for more than six months have notable cognitive declines: IQ tests, executive functions." 

A very good article. I'm so happy that the truth is finally being told!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I especially appreciate this: But there's no research, really, to let us know if this is permanent, and it's definitely an injury — although the real nightmare and damage begins after the medication has left your body. It has nothing to do with, 'Oh, I want to take it again.' It's a complete malfunction of your central nervous system." Krissy speaks the absolute truth.

Benzos aren't addictive in the traditional sense; patients who discontinue use don't crave them. Rather, Shannon says, "it's a physical dependence. What happens is, the body accommodates to being on these things and then has difficulty coming off them. They have prolonged withdrawal issues, and some people, no matter how much support we give and other interventions we do, just aren't able to get off the medications."

I can't stand it when I keep reading about people "craving" the drug and being thought of as an addict.

I found this surprising, only because I keep reading that we're a small minority. Somehow that didn't fit right. I don't believe that we're a small minority and never have: The reason is simple: In Shannon's experience, "up to 50 percent of people who've been on benzodiazepines for more than a few months have great difficulty getting off. And those who've been on them for more than six months have notable cognitive declines: IQ tests, executive functions." 

Good point That place is on our find a doctor list because a few patients recommended it. They definitely seem familiar with it and how disabling it can get.

Krissy is amazing!!

Thank you for sharing this MsAtomicBomb-very good article.  I contacted the writer to thank him and let him know that a practitioner at the Wholeness Center in Colorado helped me do a successful liquid Clonazepam taper.  He mentioned the Wholeness Center in the article. 

Thanks again,

BurnedOut

BurnedOut,

Please tell me your concentration of clonazepam you used from a compound pharmacy. What was it mixed in almond oil?

The mix they used. 1ml = how many mg or .5 ml was how many mg of clonazepam.

oral suspension mixture please. Was it 0.1mg/mL (10mg per 100ml) how many mL/mg did you take daily ?

what % did you decrease your dose and how often ?

thanks