Twitching aching muscles

[Ho...]

I have twitching aching muscles in both legs, aching arms with intermittent twitching. This came on about 5 weeks ago after a c/t in May off 4 months use of 2mg daily of Lorazepam. I know that this is a W/d symptom but has anyone else had this and when/or if does it go away? Any help would be great.

Hi Benzo buddies, please can someone help with this question? I see people viewing but no one is posting. It’s very worrying🙏☹️☹️

Hi Hope,

Muscle issues are very common, probably because benzodiazepines are muscle relaxers. I had good results relaxing muscles with warm baths (Epsom salts can help) and heating blankets or heating pads.  Muscle issues can move around to different places in the body during recovery.

Challis  :smitten:

I agree. Very common in benzo wd. I had this one bad for maybe 2 weeks. If I was lying down, one of my legs would suddenly fly up into the air. Truly weird. Twitching muscles, achey ones, itchy ones. Oh how glad I was when this went away.

east

[62...]
I have this, severe aches in my legs and they twitch occasionally. I'm 21 months off and the twitching and jerking is much less but the pain has never gone away, some days it's a bit less but not much. I don't take anything for it and Epsom Salt baths don't help. Have you tried magnesium as a supplement?

Twitching achy muscles are horrible and it will rob you of sleep.. or at least they did me.

Here's what I did and it stopped them cold.

Keep lots of bananas and grapes on hand.  This fruit is loaded with potassium, which your muscles are craving right now.  I don't know the science of why.. I just know this helps.  In addition to the fruit, supplements of potassium/magnesium/calcium will help, too.. and for the same reason.

I almost never get them anymore, four years after my taper.    If I even THINK I might get twitchy, I'll grab a banana and I am better very quickly.

Hope this helps, lovie.

Much love,

Grannie Libble

Hi Hope,

Muscle issues are very common, probably because benzodiazepines are muscle relaxers. I had good results relaxing muscles with warm baths (Epsom salts can help) and heating blankets or heating pads.  Muscle issues can move around to different places in the body during recovery.

Challis  :smitten:

Yes, many benzo's have tranquilizing effects in them that affect the muscles. I had muscle spasms for a while, particularly in my face and eye-lids  :pokey: They went away. Also, heated rice packs helped a lot for this.

na-  :angel:

I was on topamax and other another anticonvulsant for 30 years. I was rapid tapered last year and then put on xanax for a while which i had to taper.

Anyway....Its been 2 or 3 months since I stopped xanax and a still cut the first medication every now and then but a year total since the beginning and I started getting weird muscle issue about a month ago. It started bursitus in the back of the ankle and some burning in the leg. Then my calve muscles started hurting some. I have also been having light twitching going on.

I had some sore calves and muscle twiting in the beginning of the WD but that was a while ago. I didnt think that it would just start again this far out (althought I still am tapering a little)

I have been searching thru BB and saw that some others had this.

So hopefully its just some kind of odd WD symptom

Hi!

I'm an extremely short term user that got interdose withdrawal... after jumping off had withdrawals (made no sense to taper)...  and a few weeks ago I had a solid week where my leg muscles were totally sore as if I'd be working out intensely! Found it hard to drop off to sleep with pain all over the legs, the soreness went after about a week. Hasn't returned since. I have fatigue, muscle pain and nerve pain at the moment. It's been about a month and a half... but I was very short term.

Hang in there... things with get better but it takes time.  :thumbsup: