Blood Test - what to get checked out??

[ti...]

Hey there BB's...

I'm almost six months off Xanax.  But I'm still getting massive anxiety and panic attacks.  Its like a rush of something is released in the body - and I just freeze up...

I see so much talk on here about adrenalin, cortisol and other stuff.  So I'm thinking of trying to get a blood test to see if they can measure what's out of whack in my system.

Can people suggest what types of tests to get and what to ask them to look for ??

Thanks

I had the normal tests while I was withdrawing, but nothing over and above.  I don't put much weight in measuring GABA, cortisol, adrenals and many of other tests people have done, I've not seen where they do any good.  Sure, folks talk about how much this or that helps them, but is it that, or is it time?  Is it the high priced supplements and treatments or is it the normal waxing and waning of symptoms that fool people into thinking they're helping? 

My opinion probably wouldn't be too popular on the Alternative Therapies and Supplements board, I guess that's why I don't pop in there too often.  ::)

I've tried for a million years to get my thyroid checked.  I think they FINALLY did it last time and said it was ok.  But knowing them they probably forgot to check it.  I was told by a past doctor that even if it comes back normal it still may not be since "normal" is different for different people for thyroid.

Thanking you all.... got an appointment for Tuesday.  Not expecting alot - just want to check off all boxes.

Oh, is there a way they can check if your deficient in any vitamins or supplements??