Have l set myself back again

[Ka...]

Hi Guys, l am in a setback and l started to feel better so l reduced my AD after a couple of days my symptoms got worse so after 10 days of feeling crap l but it back up again that was 4 days ago and still no improvement, could anyone please tell me if l have but myself in another setback.Thanks

Hi Guys, l was in a set back and started to feel better so l reduced my AD my symptoms intensified so after 10 days l put it back up that was 4 days ago and the symptoms have not eased at all, could you please tell me if l have cause another setback.Thanks

You are fine. The whole mentality around the “setback” thing is way out of control. It’s the wrong mindset. You’re just feeling stress symptoms because your CNS is sensitive, you’re not being damaged and sent to square one.

With that said, you are likely having antidepressant withdrawal symptoms which can include anxiety.

I agree as well. When we are feeling good even minor symptoms feel awful. The better we feel the less we can tolerate. It’s the contrast between the two that we feel. I often have symptoms and think this feels like acute. But it’s not. I have just forgotten how bad acute truly was. It is a known human trait. We can not accurately remember pain. It’s a survival mechanism.

Katrina,

Is this a second thread on same topic?  As on the other thread, this isn’t a setback.  This is withdrawal.

Try to keep stable and not jump back and forth with your AD dosage.  That causes destabilization.

Sofa

Am I reading right you're coming off and anti depressant after quitting benzos? I just did the same thing. Its rough. How long ago did  you stop benzos? What symptoms are you experiencing?

Katrina,

Is this a second thread on same topic?  As on the other thread, this isn’t a setback.  This is withdrawal.

Try to keep stable and not jump back and forth with your AD dosage.  That causes destabilization.

Sofa

This. IMO, ADs are designed to be taken consistently. I've had some nasty withdrawals from ADs, so starting and stopping them was always an unpleasant roller coaster. You may be making yourself much worse by randomly increasing/decreasing dosage.