Have question about Propranolol

[ja...]

Has anyone in withdrawal from Mirtezapine ever taken Propranolol for just a one time thing when you needed to take something. I’m not for taking these drugs but I have something coming up and my withdrawal has been making me so shaky. Propranolol is a beta blocker. I just don’t want to mess up my taper. Could you share your experience if you have and your thoughts.

Thank you

Jackie  :smitten:

I took propranolol PRN throughout my taper to manage tremors.  Other than the fact that it depresses heart rate and I couldn't reach my cardio target at the gym, there we no side fx/parodoxical fx.

ss and builder,  exactly what did propranolol do for you guys ?    Curious about this med....following.

As I said, I took it to control tremors, and it did. ::)

Thank you everyone! I took 5mg about 2 hours ago just to see how I would react. I am tapering Mirtezapine also and today was high anxiety and shaking inside and out. I can’t hardly believe it but my shaking calmed down within an hour of taking that small of an amount. I am stunned how this can do that. I feel more calm but not like a benzo would do but it’s really good. Tomorrow I’ll try 10Mg and see how that does. It’s a nice bit of relief from the nervousness. This is not something I will take everyday but it’s nice to know I have it if I need it. Especially something important I have to do and when I’m a shaky hot mess :crazy:

Jackie :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Jack, I got Brave this afternoon and gave a very small dose a try. It worked. Not perfectly but it calmed the shaking so it could help in a pinch. I’m so glad. I’ll see what 10 does tomorrow.

Jackie :smitten:

I've been taking Propranlol every night (between 10mg-40mg) to help with sleep anxiety and it's never hurt but if I'm overly revved up, it only helps a little.  I did notice that if I took it an hour before bed I don't have the pounding heart when I try to sleep because I got ahead of it.

I am happy for everyone who got relief with this med, for me it was a nightmare because it let my heart rate sink very low very fast, I felt weak and exhausted and somehow "down".. even on a quarter of the pill with the lowest dosage.

I wished I would have known my lavender oil capsules which I use now when I am very stressed or anxious or when I want to calm down before bed time, these are very helpful to me. In Europe and Canada they are called "Lasea" and you can order them also on amazon.com..

Thank you Marigold! I’ll look into Lavender but can I use the oil instead of pills?

Jackie  :smitten:

Well I have tried that before and it was ...uhm... not delicious. I had to burp all the time and I smelled like a grandma:-) but you could try of course. I just do not know how much of the oil you need to take then, I would choose an organic one for sure, - but I prefer the pills.. ;D