jump date in 6 days- very scared

[se...]

hi everyone. i am currently at .031mg and am going to jump off wednesday when i reach .025mg (as directed by heather ashton) as i get closer and closer i am glad i am so close but also increasingly afraid and anxious. will the jump from .025 to 0mg in one day cause a swell of symptoms? i am already struggling this week with uncontrollable shaking fits and bad dp/dr- today i woke up feeling “wrong” and trapped inside my body, and i don’t recognize my room similar to a few months ago.

i am very worried about the jump. i just want it to go smoothly so i can start getting better. i can’t take the cuts anymore so i need to get off of this- i’ve been patient and slow but i am so depressed. i feel like i’m on another planet, nothing is farmiliar or real anymore.

can anyone offer me encouragement on the jump? maybe if any of you were worried about your jump and then after, realized there was not much to be afraid of? :(

-seafoam

Hi Seafoam

If you’re feeling bad, you could try holding a couple weeks at 0.025.  There is no rush or “ deadline”. On the other hand 0.025 mg is not a big jump.  You might feel a little bad at first, but you will be free and improving!  Either way have courage and you will be ok!

thank you all. i am now 3 days until my jump and i feel nervous but impatient. i am having very tough symptoms that almost seem to be coming full circle from the beginning month of my taper.

will post when i jump!

-seafoam ;D

Hi!!

I wanted to wish you good luck on your jump!

I’m also nearing the end of my Klonopin taper ( .036)

I bet that there is no therapeutic effect at this point ( at least my pharmacist told me this) so it’s more likely psychological. Still it’s scary! Please post your followup , I’d love to know how it goes. 

I saw Jacks comment that we te supposed to hold at .025 awhile.

I did not know that!

Does anyone know for how long?

Yes, for the same amount of time you would normally hold for before making a cut. It’s just that your last cut is to zero. Don’t overthink it or worry about it. I know the anxiety of jumping can disrupt your though process. But just step back and look at this. During this process have you ever made a cut the day after a cut. Unless you were doing a daily micro taper then the answer of course is no. You do the usual. You hold for days or a week or two or whatever you normally did to stabilize and then you cut. The only difference is this last cut is to zero.

If you ARE doing a daily microtaper then you should probably not be jumping from .2 mg unless of course you were tapering at a daily rate of .2 mg.

Angelinnny, your personalized specific answer based on your signature. You have been holding for two weeks between cuts. So for you it is 2 weeks.

My experience was after the jump was “just another day”. No big changes at over three months now. I was afraid, too. Don’t be. Espy