C/T Ambien after it became ineffective PLEASE HELP

[Ia...]

History PLEASE GO GENTLE ON ME AS MY ANXIETY ABOUT ALL OF THIS IS HIGH IF I THINK TOO HARD.

Temazapam/remeron from jan 2018-august 2018

temazpam switched to Ambien (doctor allowed this) in aug 18

Began taper of remeron around aug 2018, finished in june 2018

things went downhill, tried gabapentin for a wk, then trazadone for two weeks in june 2019

things went further down hill, ambien became ineffective since July 19 (dad had heart attack and it shook me up?)

Since July been offered seroquel, tried three days and stopped. Then continued struggling with ambien for all of aug

Told to cold turkey ambien in late september to begin trazadone again since it WAS effective the last time (but felt was too sedating) now its not effective at all. Was given Klonpin for the last week, kept dose under .75 but stopped after about ten days to not add fuel to things.

Basically not sleeping at night and then somehow in the daytime i am functional. This morning a endocrinologist diagnosed my hormones (by blood work) as PCOS and wants me to being birth control. Also psych wants me to begin remeron again since it was effective and I originally tapered because of over sedation and weight gain. I know that sounds crazy. But I am really wondering what to do. I am literally going day by day. Also taking some natural supplements (magneisum, vit d, probiotic, multi, and working with a intergrative doctor) All very confusing. At night I lay down and muscles ache and Iv tried a benedryl here or there. Wanting to try the highest quality CBD i just ordered. I know I am really all over the place and trying to just get stable. Any support is greatly appriciated.

I began meds all because I wanted to finish college and was having trouble sleeping. Was a light sleeper, but a good sleeper during life. Night owl at times. One period of insomnia in 2016, stress induced. made it through without meds. I just want to survive this. 

Sounds like insomnia is to be expected after CT ambien. From my experience the prescriptions never worked for me and I sleep just as good if not better now that I am down to my last crumbs that don't even have a therapeutic effect anymore. I will say what DOES help me now - Medical cannabis, CBD oil and melatonin. You may have some really poor sleep for a bit while your body adjusts to being off meds, but hopefully some more natural approaches can help you regulate. I know the feeling of not sleeping for days/months. It's horrible, but I promise you will sleep again. I still don't sleep very well and am up at 2 or 3 each night without being able to fall back asleep most nights.