A song I wrote about my journey

[he...]

One of the ways I stay sane is to play music and write songs. I wrote this song about my journey out of benzo hell. I wasn't planning on sharing this with anybody until I recorded it at a real studio (this is just a rough demo I recorded on my laptop), but I don't want to go record it until I'm off benzos and feeling significantly better because some of these lyrics are from future me. It's looking like it's going to be a long time still before I'll feel good enough to record this for real and blast it out to the world, so for now I want you guys to hear it.

It's not quite finished, I sing out of key at times, and the recording is a bit rough.. but I am super proud of what I have come up with. I hope it can be inspiring to somebody.

Wow....I think making music and expressing yourself is the best therapy for your brain to recover.  Not bad hearsay.  I am loving your lyrics.  Way to put yourself out there!  Keep writing...Keep playing

Very nice HSB, and I love your Music, I had a hard time hearing the words, because my sound is acting up, but was really impressed with what I could hear. Keep up with the Tunes. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Thanks you guys! I really appreciate it. @begood, to be fair, the mic I have kinda sucks so it’s probably pretty tough to understand the lyrics anyway  :)

Thanks you guys! I really appreciate it. @begood, to be fair, the mic I have kinda sucks so it’s probably pretty tough to understand the lyrics anyway  :)

I really loved the beat. Thanks. :smitten:

• 3 weeks later...

hearsay, I really liked your song. You are a very talented person. I am always blown away by people who can create and play music. Thank you for sharing it with us.

:smitten:

Katz

hearsay, I really liked your song. You are a very talented person. I am always blown away by people who can create and play music. Thank you for sharing it with us.

:smitten:

Katz

Thanks, Katz! I really appreciate it. I needed that today  :thumbsup::)

• 4 weeks later...

Dude..... I love this!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It reminds me of blink 182 or some early 2000's grunge band (you must be in your 20's ) :laugh: I have been playing guitar for 15 years and am leaning in heavily to expand my playing and have just tried my hand at song writing too. Keep making music and PLEASE share it here, so good  :clap:

Dude..... I love this!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It reminds me of blink 182 or some early 2000's grunge band (you must be in your 20's ) :laugh: I have been playing guitar for 15 years and am leaning in heavily to expand my playing and have just tried my hand at song writing too. Keep making music and PLEASE share it here, so good  :clap:

Wow, thanks! Ha I am in my late 30's, but I'll always be 19 in my heart. And I have been a HUGE fan of Blink since before Dude Ranch (I still remember buying it the day that album came out). So yeah, you pretty much nailed it.