Class Action Lawsuit!!

[No...]

Fellow buddies,

With the recent buzz surrounding Benzos, I feel like we have some momentum to finally be heard. I have not been on the site for awhile, but has anyone tried to unite the people on this site and rally to get a suit started? I know many of you are too sick, but there are some that continue to work. I’m just asking if anyone has interest or the knowledge to spear head this cause. There is no reason that we don’t deserve compensation for our suffering. I can’t think of anything that compares to the injustice and misconception that most of us have faced.

I have talked with a couple other buddies and would be willing to take the lead but we need your support. Please let us know your thoughts. I was not sure where to post this but I have spent my last year in this section because I am 11 months off.

[ba...]
If i was in the US i would join you in a heartbeat, it's very difficult for me to get my head around that the ill educated and arrogant Dr that ruined my health and my life is out there enjoying their life whilst not taking any responsibility for their negligence.

• 3 weeks later...
As said on the CNNspecial, the lawyers said this case is too expensive for them right now. It’s a new thing they’d have to prove. Suing one doctor won’t pay enough to cover lawyer costs. It needs to be a big lawsuit like the opioid thing. Not sure against whom- pharma? Rehabs? Docs? Idk. There needs to be more momentum and eventually the lawyers will get involved. If you and your buddies can find a lawyer, I’m sure you’d get enough buddies to join you. First get confirmation from a lawyer- that’s the hard part. You’ll need to show them it’s worth their while financially. They already believe in BWS/ it’s just a new thing and their costs will be very high.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  I'm in for support but at 5 months off and a long term user, I wouldn't be able to take lead on

a lawsuit.  I'd start with the big boy attorney's who have just won the opioid lawsuits.  They might represent us pro bono.

klonkar

• 3 weeks later...

I know nothing of law or suing.

I contacted a lawyer a couple months ago and ran the case by them.

They denied it.

That said.... if anyone has any ideas here, any way that we could all come together to make an impact or case, I'm super down.

I feel the same way. How is it possible that we are disabled and and our lives are destroyed by doctors and we are just forced to somehow survive and fend for ourselves. It's twisted and sickening.

For OP- there have been lawsuits won in UK. Baylissa may know more. Perhaps talk to those lawyers if possible to get ideas of what would work here or what lawyer to contact in US?

If anyone wants to talk .

edit: personal information removed

Please refer to the posts by Magrita and myself in terms of sharing or recruiting personal information.

Thanks,

pianogirl

[f7...]

I don't feel strong enough to fight but if someone who has recovered could lead us through this I m certainly willing to join the cause.

B