Extreme weight loss can’t control

[Mr...]

Over six weeks weight loss muscle

Loss not in hot and cold can’t regulate temp doc wants my white and red blood cells tested. Worry my body in attacking now itself with inflammation I feel so nothing today can’t or care to hold a conversation why can’t we do the simplest things like call in a grocery list or do laundry. Why can’t I leave my bed or care about anything for

Oh, Mrtnzcruz, I'm so sorry.  I'm in the same boat.  I'm now skin and bones.  I'm 7 months out Valium. 

I've always been thin, and stand only 5'2", but now weigh only 38 kgs.  :-\  I've lost 10% of my body weight from when I last saw my doctor only 2 weeks ago.  He said it was 'significant', and has ordered a raft of tests.  He doesn't believe my benzo theory.  Oh well, what else is new. 

I believe it is withdrawal Mrtnzcruz, but will still have the tests done.  Rule all else out. 

I don't know what the mechanism is that causes it.  All I can do is get the tests done, and try to load the protein in the meantime. 

I feel for you Mrtnzcruz, as it is not just the weight loss, but all else you describe.  The grocery list, the laundry, the simple conversation, the caring, the back to bed.  The fatigue.

I'm adopting the position that if I need to rest, I will. 

Keep the faith Mrtnzcruz, and believe what we hear from others.  It won't always be like this, and we WILL get well. 

Dee

:smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

I too suffer from weight loss and muscle wasting. :-[  I am just now starting my taper.  Have been in tolerance withdrawal for years and did not know what was going on.  MANY tests and procedures later with no findings, I became benzo wise and realized what was going on.  >:(

My naturopathic provider and I were trying to stabilize my health issues and weight before tapering but I can't seem to stabilize so we started the taper today!

She started me on a medical grade protein shake so hopefully I won't keep dropping.

Hope we can find a way to gain!  I do try keeping active as much as I can, even if just walking to try to retain some of the muscle issues....

I'll be following, to see if we can come up with something!

Mrs. NO

I went through this too. It gets better. You are in the thick of it. You are tapering fast. Your signature says you’ve gone from 1 mg daily of Ativan to .25 in just 7 or 8 weeks. I did a fast taper as well. It was brutal. I lost 45 lbs in 8 weeks.

Yes I’m having a really bad day. I don’t want to be home I don’t want to be like this I super overwhelmed. My life is taken not just from me but my kids and spouse.  I am eating g as much as I can and still loosing I’m scared I’m fighting for my life daily      When will it stop.  Will I gain my muscle back or is that a thing  Not only that I concentration and cog fog. I can even think to put a grocery list together

I am eight months off. I regained 35 of the 45 lbs. Oddly, without any exercise except regular working the muscle came back. I used to lift weights. But I was about 180 before all this. I am now 165. My doctor did not like me being 180. I liked it but he says that I should be the weight I am now. I have regained most of my strength but am still waiting for my stamina. I used to do 20 miles in a day on a bicycle with ease. Now I struggle and suffer doing 7 miles. But 8 months ago I couldn’t walk so I’ll take what I can get. Clearly I am recovering. It’s good you are eating. I couldn’t eat at all. Them add to that I couldn’t sleep or stop pacing because the nausea was so severe.

• 2 years later...

I just want to recommend something for people suffering from this part of withdrawal.  I am not a doctor, but I do know from my own experience as I too have lost a lot of weight, that sometimes we are deficient in B1 vitamin.  You can get this from something called Nutritional Yeast.  Please look up Dr Berg on YouTube and you will see that there is a lot of what people suffering from Benzo tolerance or complete withdrawal suffer from.  You see stress and anxiety deplete our B1.  It's so critical for us to have B1 as it really helps reduce stress as well.  Dr Berg mentions that panic attacks can be slowed or even stopped with just B1.  Salmon and Pork are a natural source of B1 as well as Nutritional yeast. I recommend everyone in withdraws to at least take a look at their B1 levels.  I had no idea that it got depleted so much from anxiety and depression.  I'm not saying it's a miracle, im saying that perhaps there is hope that if we all put our heads together we can help one another.  I'm grateful for your original post as it's helped me feel like im ok, even losing this much weight.  It's part of what we are going through.  I appreciate you all. Grateful for this site too!

Benny