Techniques for coping with anxiety?

[Br...]

I'm wondering what people are doing to handle the increase/return of anxiety.  I have a few things I do that are really helpful but I'd love to have more tricks in my bag.

What I've found helpful:

Cardio exercise - everyday I do a long walk or a Leslie Sansone walking tape

Meditation - I've used the Headspace app for 3 years and it has been a godsend.  In addition to the daily 20 minute meditation I do in the morning, there are SOS meditations for tough periods when my anxiety is escalated.

Hydration - I drink a lot of water - maybe having to use the bathroom so often is a welcome distraction! Seriously, hydration is always good.

Diet - I'm eating a lot of whole grains and vegetables, olive oil, nuts, berries.

Avoiding sugar and alcohol.  I've tried a glass of wine here and there and I end up feeling worse after the little buzz wears off.

Sugar also makes me feel worse and increases my symptoms like sweats.

Btw my worst symptoms post taper (12 days off klonopin) are head pressure, headache, anxiety, racing heart, spike in blood pressure and irritability.  Just trying to get through this day by day.

What have you found helpful?

Breathing exercises helped me a lot.

Chamomile tea.

Distracting myself with something .

Microwave heating pad (2-3 pounds of rice in a tube sock works) around my neck helped relax  muscles.

I'm wondering what people are doing to handle the increase/return of anxiety.  I have a few things I do that are really helpful but I'd love to have more tricks in my bag.

What I've found helpful:

Cardio exercise - everyday I do a long walk or a Leslie Sansone walking tape

Meditation - I've used the Headspace app for 3 years and it has been a godsend.  In addition to the daily 20 minute meditation I do in the morning, there are SOS meditations for tough periods when my anxiety is escalated.

Hydration - I drink a lot of water - maybe having to use the bathroom so often is a welcome distraction! Seriously, hydration is always good.

Diet - I'm eating a lot of whole grains and vegetables, olive oil, nuts, berries.

Avoiding sugar and alcohol.  I've tried a glass of wine here and there and I end up feeling worse after the little buzz wears off.

Sugar also makes me feel worse and increases my symptoms like sweats.

Btw my worst symptoms post taper (12 days off klonopin) are head pressure, headache, anxiety, racing heart, spike in blood pressure and irritability.  Just trying to get through this day by day.

What have you found helpful?

That's a great list. Pretty much everything I do is on it...  Good job!  :smitten: