The best video about fear I ever saw !

[Sk...]

Hello people !

I wanted to share a very funny video I found on Youtube that helped me to manage my anxiety. Meet M. Ramesh, an indian guy talking about the fear !

Don't be scared about the french title, the video is in english  :)

• 5 months later...

This really works. Mr. Ramesh's message is true that sometimes fear of living is the greatest fear and that the only way out of the room is by going into the room first. You need to start there at least and become genuinely curious about what the fear is because you may be afraid of the things that excite you the most. I get really excited and worked up easily when I use cannabis even small amounts. I never actually use a lot anymore because I don't want panic attacks. But sometimes I can tolerate more depending on set and setting. This is a big deal for me because cannabis helps me stay away from opioids.

So, yesterday, I ate around 5mg of THC in edible form, my tolerance is very low right now and it literally felt like an emotional rollercoaster of excitement with tachycardia, and I immediately thought that I will get a heart attack or stroke if this continues, but that's the wrong direction according to Ramesh. I need to just start exploring the fear more. The only way out of these panic attacks potentially is really understanding what you are actually afraid of instead of trying to ignore or resist it. Dying is the overarching fear but too much excitement is the catalyst for these panic attacks, in these altered states for me, so it begs the question what am I afraid of besides dying. Seems the key for me is to really master meditation and get enough exercise to beat this thing and start trying to figure out what scares me so it is more clear in my head. I should probably start writing things that scare me down. Meditation helps you not react to emotions once your practice is strong, even in altered states of consciousness once it is a learned habit and a hard wired skill.  I'm writing this in hope that it helps someone else.

• 1 month later...