Professor Heather Ashton Passed on September 15, 2019.

[Ho...]

Benzodiazepine Information Coalition Retweeted

Janice

@PlanetJanice

·

4h

I don’t have many heroes, but this woman’s work saved my life. She definitely shined a light in the total darkness of doctor induced benzo harm. I don’t think we will ever have another like her, but I hope she serves as an example on how to treat patients.

Quote Tweet

Benzodiazepine Information Coalition

@BZInfoCoalition

· 4h

Prof Heather Ashton died peacefully in her sleep at home in South Gosforth shortly before midnight on Sunday 15th September. https://buff.ly/2mnKinG

More info at

@BZInfoCoalition

·

4h

Prof Heather Ashton died peacefully in her sleep at home in South Gosforth shortly before midnight on Sunday 15th September.

Funeral notice for Professor Chrystal Heather Ashton

Professor Chrystal Heather Ashton sadly passed away on Sunday, 15th September 2019. Details of the funeral date and arrangements are available here on their Funeral Notice page.

dignityfunerals.co.uk

Rabot banot asu chayil v'at alit al'kul, anah: 'Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all.'

(From the Hebrew prayer Eshet Chayil, sung every Friday night at the Shabbat table. Eshet Chayil is understood as a representation of the Shekhina, the feminine presence of God.)

Not In Vain

If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain:

If I can ease one life the aching, Or cool one pain,

Or help one fainting robin

Unto his nest again,

I shall not live in vain.

(Emily Dickinson)

With deepest love and gratitude.

• 1 month later...

Benzodiazepine Information Coalition Retweeted

Janice

@PlanetJanice

·

4h

I don’t have many heroes, but this woman’s work saved my life. She definitely shined a light in the total darkness of doctor induced benzo harm. I don’t think we will ever have another like her, but I hope she serves as an example on how to treat patients.

Quote Tweet

@BZInfoCoalition

· 4h

Prof Heather Ashton died peacefully in her sleep at home in South Gosforth shortly before midnight on Sunday 15th September. https://buff.ly/2mnKinG

Thanks to whomever posted this news originally...maybe more than one person. It's the first I heard of it. So sad. Whomever I tell my benzo story to, I ALWAYS talk about Dr. Ashton & her work & how it is impacting my recovery & has saved all these other lives. No one I talk to has ever heard of her before except for my chiropractor who found her online & told ME about her to begin with. That's what started it all for me...the recovery. Obviously Dr. Ashton has a great soul & was sent to gift us with her genius & benevolence. I'm slightly tearful even though I am no expert on her. I know her basic story & how she helped us all & will always be helping because her work will always be with us. I have alot of gratefulness & appreciation for her. Mostly we hear about the negative people of the world but here was someone who touched so many lives with positivity, practicality, & hope. I wish the media would mention her in a huge way. She did so much good. I was thinking she should have won the Nobel Prize for Medicine & become world famous. They can do it posthumously. I'm no expert on that whole thing though. I just have a fantasy where she is well known & honored appropriately for the HUGE difference she made for SO MANY people. One of the great healers. I will never forget her. Many blessings to her! :smitten: