Looking for a taper plan from .5mg of xanax 3 times a day

[dr...]

Hey guys and gals! So july 1st i completely cold turkeyed off of xanax from being on it for 5 and a half years and well, that was a big mistake in my part. I'm very impatient and the side effects it gave me were so relentless. The depression and brain fog was too intense that i gave in and took a xanax yesterday....It sucks but i think a better alternative for me is to taper off of it because i do believe it's a low dose and won't be too bad getting off of it (i really hope this is the case). So yes, my prescription is to take .5mg up to 3 times a day as needed. Yesterday as i said, i took one and i woke up today feeling great! No depression, although the brain fog has been around me for about a year. So how would i go about this? I can muster up the strength to break pills in half but the dosage and eventually shaving or scraping pills confuses me a bit. Any help would be so much appreciated and i'm so grateful i found a place like this! Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi dreamer.  Sorry no one's answered in ten days...this post was just moved from another board so maybe that's why.

How's it going?  Are you still taking .5mg just once a day?