How many of you cut while having symptoms and felt better?

[no...]

How many of you cut while having symptoms and felt better as opposed to holding for x amount of time waiting for symptoms to calm down then cut? No matter what I do hold wise its not helping at all and I've done quite a few long holds , I would say over the last 4 year's over half of that involved holding my dose for long periods.

I truly feel now after long holds, up-dosing, prescription liquid Diazepam didn't agree with me at all , home made solution with vodka in the past, trying smaller than usual cuts which felt just as bad as my normal cuts anyway, that my only option is to get off this drug. 

I was in tolerance withdrawal at my prescribed dose when I began tapering I have never stabilised except once 5 year's ago then I held for about 2 year's or a bit longer before I got more stable  due to another medical  problem, but  I am in no position this time around  to be able to do that again for  another two years straight .

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

So now that I'm off, I definitely know 100% that I was in tolerance withdrawal for about 20 plus years.  When I was tapering, I usually held, for months, as you probably remember Nova.  Love to see you again Nova.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

For me, I think, once I got down to a certain dose, maybe about .125mg klonopin, I went way too slow and it didn't help.  I held at tiny amounts cause I felt very sick, but no matter how fast or slow I did that microtaper at the end, the real healing at that point for me, truly started once I finished and no longer took any benzos.  Of course there's no way to know for sure.

Now, you are actually asking if I cut and felt better?  Well, no, that did not happen.  What did happen is that I traded my tolerance withdrawal symptoms for other benzo withdrawal symptoms.  At some point in my taper, I realized it honestly didn't even matter if I held or kept cutting, I was going to feel bad regardless, so I kept cutting.  I probably could have gone faster too, especially at lower doses and at the end. 

What dose are you on now Nova? 

So now that I'm off, I definitely know 100% that I was in tolerance withdrawal for about 20 plus years.  When I was tapering, I usually held, for months, as you probably remember Nova.  Love to see you again Nova.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

For me, I think, once I got down to a certain dose, maybe about .125mg klonopin, I went way too slow and it didn't help.  I held at tiny amounts cause I felt very sick, but no matter how fast or slow I did that microtaper at the end, the real healing at that point for me, truly started once I finished and no longer took any benzos.  Of course there's no way to know for sure.

Now, you are actually asking if I cut and felt better?  Well, no, that did not happen.  What did happen is that I traded my tolerance withdrawal symptoms for other benzo withdrawal symptoms.  At some point in my taper, I realized it honestly didn't even matter if I held or kept cutting, I was going to feel bad regardless, so I kept cutting.  I probably could have gone faster too, especially at lower doses and at the end. 

What dose are you on now Nova?

Hi GC  :hug:  I#m on 13mg from being up-dosed to 15mg from 7mg, and no matter what its still hell, I also feel the same as you in the above bold no matter what I do I'm still getting a bloody kicking ::) I also was in tolerance withdrawal for year's at my prescribed dose but kept getting misdiagnosed.

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Yep me 🙋🏼‍♀️

Holding did very little for me. Numerous people on here kept telling me to hold and I was tapering myself into hell however cutting actually brought some relief sometimes.

I’m so glad I didn’t hold for months and months (or years!!!). I personally think it’s crazy to hold for that long on a neurotoxin.

Just my opinion. Really hope you get some relief soon 💕

Hi Tweed  :hug: thanks  :thumbsup:

How many of you cut while having symptoms and felt better as opposed to holding for x amount of time waiting for symptoms to calm down then cut? No matter what I do hold wise its not helping at all and I've done quite a few long holds , I would say over the last 4 year's over half of that involved holding my dose for long periods.

I truly feel now after long holds, up-dosing, prescription liquid Diazepam didn't agree with me at all , home made solution with vodka in the past, trying smaller than usual cuts which felt just as bad as my normal cuts anyway, that my only option is to get off this drug. 

I was in tolerance withdrawal at my prescribed dose when I began tapering I have never stabilised except once 5 year's ago then I held for about 2 year's or a bit longer before I got more stable  due to another medical  problem, but  I am in no position this time around  to be able to do that again for  another two years straight .

I agree.  At the end of my taper and nothing is working. I've slowed down considerably and still feel like crap. I'm going to do this for four more months... God willing and jump. That's it... I'm done with this devil drug.  Thanks for your post... very helpful.  :thumbsup::smitten:

I agree.  At the end of my taper and nothing is working. I've slowed down considering and still feel like crap. I'm going to do this for four more months... God willing and jump. That's it... I'm done with this devil drug.  Thanks for your post... very helpful.  :thumbsup::smitten:

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello Nova!

I feel the same. I started my taper in tolerance withdrawl or something like this. I accidentally made a fast withdrawal and updosed, but couldn’t stabilize. I have windows and waves all the time, but when I cutting there are some better days, but when the withdrawal symptoms are coming together with the tolerance simptomps it’s terrible. What do you think? Wich is the best method to go down. I’ve just made two cuts and I’m hopeless. I need advice how to do it? I want to survive.

Enikô

Hello Nova!

I feel the same. I started my taper in tolerance withdrawl or something like this. I accidentally made a fast withdrawal and updosed, but couldn’t stabilize. I have windows and waves all the time, but when I cutting there are some better days, but when the withdrawal symptoms are coming together with the tolerance simptomps it’s terrible. What do you think? Wich is the best method to go down. I’ve just made two cuts and I’m hopeless. I need advice how to do it? I want to survive.

Enikô

Just throwing my two cents in. I looked at your signature and you are tapering very quickly. I wouldn't be surprised that you have severe withdrawal symptoms. I have been doing a mini-taper for almost two years.  Started from 0.5 mg Clonazapam and am 3/4 done.  I'm having symptoms going that slowly.  Have you tried asking Builder or someone who has finished their tapers about the rate you are going?  Just curious.  :smitten:

Hello Nova!

Enikô

Just throwing my two cents in. I looked at your signature and you are tapering very quickly. I wouldn't be surprised that you have severe withdrawal symptoms. I have been doing a mini-taper for almost two years.  Started from 0.5 mg Clonazapam and am 3/4 done.  I'm having symptoms going that slowly.  Have you tried asking Builder or someone who has finished their tapers about the rate you are going?  Just curious.  :smitten:

Hi RR :hug: My new  NHS GP forced me to taper at his rate of 1mg per 4 weeks where as my old Drs were happy to let me go along at my own pace , that's what your probably looking at and it was much too fast as I was already bedridden in agony with symptoms at the time and also ten months into a long hold.

I was also in unbeknown tolerance withdrawal for many years before I began tapering, Ive now slowed my taper down again I cut .5mg  Sunday as that's the way I did it for year's hold as needed then cut again, but looking at my journal its possible I'm holding too long at times I'm not sure yet  :-\. I tried .25 made no difference I may as well have cut 1mg the way I felt and doing the Vodka water DMT  in 2015 took me 17 months to cut 1/8th of a mg????

I've up-dosed a few times to no avail, and noticed certain things that are known side effects of Diazepam happening on top so I have withdrawal symptoms on top of long term  tolerance withdrawal and side effect symptoms I can now recognise after there being more information than ever on the patient leaflets in the pill box and on the web than there was for many years. There was FA info on those leaflets before except what they were for or take as prescribed by your Dr, nothing about side effects or withdrawal hell, its a bloody disclaimer now not a patient  information leaflet >:(

Also with the cog fog I've missed doses taken accidental up-doses even more so the last month or two all of which don't help,  just messes up the CNS even more  ::) So I have to keep changing and  devising different way's to keep on top of my dosing as I eventually get confused so have to then plan yet another way to do it even simple  weekly dose set out pill boxes became a freak out for me in the end .

Hello Nova!

Enikô

Hi RR :hug: My new  NHS GP forced me to taper at his rate of 1mg per 4 weeks where as my old Drs were happy to let me go along at my own pace , that's what your probably looking at and it was much too fast as I was already bedridden in agony with symptoms at the time and also ten months into a long hold.

I was also in unbeknown tolerance withdrawal for many years before I began tapering, Ive now slowed my taper down again I cut .5mg  Sunday as that's the way I did it for year's hold as needed then cut again, but looking at my journal its possible I'm holding too long at times I'm not sure yet  :-\. I tried .25 made no difference I may as well have cut 1mg the way I felt and doing the Vodka water DMT  in 2015 took me 17 months to cut 1/8th of a mg????

I've up-dosed a few times to no avail, and noticed certain things that are known side effects of Diazepam happening on top so I have withdrawal symptoms on top of long term  tolerance withdrawal and side effect symptoms I can now recognise after there being more information than ever on the patient leaflets in the pill box and on the web than there was for many years. There was FA info on those leaflets before except what they were for or take as prescribed by your Dr, nothing about side effects or withdrawal hell, its a bloody disclaimer now not a patient  information leaflet >:(

Also with the cog fog I've missed doses taken accidental up-doses even more so the last month or two all of which don't help,  just messes up the CNS even more  ::) So I have to keep changing and  devising different way's to keep on top of my dosing as I eventually get confused so have to then plan yet another way to do it even simple  weekly dose set out pill boxes became a freak out for me in the end .

I’ve made two cuts one was 0,005 mg, the other was 0,075 mg. These are not in my signiture yet.

Hello Nova!

Enikô

I truly wish you the very best.  It's just awful that we all have to suffer like this.  Just ridiculous that these Dr's don't know about tolerance and withdrawals, etc.  I'm beyond pissed at the Dr.'s that allowed me to take this for 15 years!! I'm hoping I can get through this but it's the hardest thing I've ever done. 😢

Hi Roza  :hug: are you dry cutting or liquid tapering?

Hi Nova

Dry cutting! I want to try dry microtaper first, than the Dlmt, but I feel terrible withdrawal symptoms continuesly,  because I couldn’t stabilize after reinstatement and may be because of kindling. I don’t know what to do. I’m thinking about crossover to Valium to stabilize. What I feel now is terrrible.

Hi Nova

Dry cutting! I want to try dry microtaper first, than the Dlmt, but I feel terrible withdrawal symptoms continuesly,  because I couldn’t stabilize after reinstatement and may be because of kindling. I don’t know what to do. I’m thinking about crossover to Valium to stabilize. What I feel now is terrrible.

:(  I wish you the very best.  I asked my Dr. for Valium and she said no... no and no. I don't get it. It's a proven way to crosstaper and she won't listen.  I even gave her the Ashton Manual.  😢

Hi Nova

:(  I wish you the very best.  I asked my Dr. for Valium and she said no... no and no. I don't get it. It's a proven way to crosstaper and she won't listen.  I even gave her the Ashton Manual.  😢

Many people make a crossover to Valium and it works for them. What did your doctor said? What’s the reason not to switch? Than what can I do?

Thank you

Enikö

(You are on Valium, aren’t you?)

Hi Nova

Many people make a crossover to Valium and it works for them. What did your doctor said? What’s the reason not to switch? Than what can I do?

Thank you

Enikö

(You are on Valium, aren’t you?)

She said... I'm not giving you two Benzos. I am going to try again next week when I go for my appt.  I'm going to take a copy of the Ashton manual and give it to her highlighted.  Thing is... I don't know how much to take because my dose is so small that the Valium equivalent amount is not listed in the Ashton manual.  She doesn't do cross-over tapers or tapers at all. She wanted me to just stop the Clonazepam.  I truly wish she was more flexible. I've changed Doctors three times and it doesn't look good on me to keep changing but I need some help for when I go back to work because I cannot function on most days.  I feel like I have been hit by a train.    :(

[cf...]

Hello,

What were your symptoms like in tolerance withdrawal. I thought I was experiencing discontinuation effects from Mirtazapine, but I think I have tolerance. Have been on Klonopin at varying dosages but .5 for a few years.  Scared to death to start a taper. Also taking Ambien for past 4 months.  Do I taper both at same time??  Thank you for any suggestions.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Nova

When did you updose, did the long hold help you. I Don’t know what to do. My anxiety and depression is terrible. I’m crying all the day now.

I didn't find even one window until my dose was down below half of my original dose of 10mg valium. I guess I was lucky to have been on valium rather than one of the other benzos - look at the equivalency tables and check out the Ashton manual and valium is easier because of it's long half life and it is so much weaker than the other benzos so cutting is more accurate. Cut over to valium if at all possible.

It's still hell. I find I reach a point after a cut (generally 11-14 days) where I feel this is as good as it's going to get and cut again. I live on faith that I can do this. It's never easy but I can't see any point in drawing this out.

I feel like I'm getting worse the longer I hold, too. But admittedly, I keep trying different "schemes" to try to feel better, all of which I think just set me back. I just tried a C/O to Diazepam and it was making me too sick, so I'm back to straight Clonazepam. I think I'm now feeling the effects of having the D completely out of my system... and it feels awful.

My plan is to hold here until Dec to see if I can level out at all. If I don't feel any better (or just get even worse which would be par for the course), I'm dropping and I'm dropping fast. Every time I've started on a Benzo, it makes me feel great for a week or two, then I get way more anxious, depressed and sick. I either went into tolerance crazy fast, or have adverse reactions. I just need to be off this crap. I think I feel worse now than I did after my very rapid taper back in Feb.

I should have never reinstated. This taper has been pointless and I'm pretty sure it has just prolonged my suffering. Had I just stayed off, I'd be healing. Right now, I don't think any healing is happening, in fact just the opposite. It feels like every molecule of this shit that I put into my body just does more and more damage. 

My starting point was tolerance to valium at prescribed dosage. I tried micro tapering and that didn't work for me so I went back to cut and hold. I decided to stop benzos since they weren't helping me - anxiety and insomnia seemed to be caused by the drug rather than being relieved so continuing cutting until I'm off can only be better.

This happened with every SSRI and other drug I have ever been prescribed. Didn't become suicidal until I was on SSRIs. Depression usually resolves within a year. SSRIs made it last for years. Quitting SSRIs was a multi year, lonely project. Zero support from doc, constant pressure to updose when it was the drug that was the problem.

The 4 day window that I experienced at 4.75mg valium was the best I have felt in years - but it didn't last. I look forward to my next window whenever that may occur. I do know that holding too long just prolongs the agony.

O my goodness Nova..... you have had such a wicked ride, back and forth on this drug...

It looks like some of it you, had no choice. 

I am learning each and every day from everybody, and I appreciate your question too.

It does seem to me that you were tapered too fast more than once.  That said,  the question looms for me too.  I am holding at 4 mgs and just hit a new horrible today... its like I am struggling for breath and weak etc etc.

I am wondering how long I can endure stretching it out?

I know some swear by very gentle long slow tapers but unless I am at the emergency room door, I am plan to cut by 1/2 mg each month.  We'll see.  Courage my dear.

Hi Nova

When did you updose, did the long hold help you. I Don’t know what to do. My anxiety and depression is terrible. I’m crying all the day now.

Nothing helped, one up dose to 10mg did for a few weeks then instant crash  back to even worse hell further up-dose did nothing I'm in agony 24/7 constant brain and body burning and inhumane pain and going back down is hell too :'( :'( :'( I'm going to have to hold for a while no way can I risk another cut yet since my last cut over a month ago. 

Thanks

What’s your plan now? I don’t really have any idea.

Hi Nova

Nothing helped, one up dose to 10mg did for a few weeks then instant crash  back to even worse hell further up-dose did nothing I'm in agony 24/7 constant brain and body burning and inhumane pain and going back down is hell too :'( :'( :'( I'm going to have to hold for a while no way can I risk another cut yet since my last cut over a month ago. 

Hi Nova

Hello,

What were your symptoms like in tolerance withdrawal. I thought I was experiencing discontinuation effects from Mirtazapine, but I think I have tolerance. Have been on Klonopin at varying dosages but .5 for a few years.  Scared to death to start a taper. Also taking Ambien for past 4 months.  Do I taper both at same time??  Thank you for any suggestions.

I wasn't sure if this was for the op or me.  Sorry.  ;)