Trigger - Want to ***

[Fe...]

Feebi, I understand. I am also in that very dark place and though I'm on 4.7mg Valium, I am on four other things. This has been going on since 2013, coming off drugs since 2015. I've had some windows but right now my life isn't even a life. I carry on, though I don't know how and I can't see any future. You're not alone.

So slow tapers dont protect us from this dark depression  :'(

sadly, not always. All I can say to give you hope is that for me the depression left very quickly after I had finished my taper, and like that, very quickly my cognitive abilities came back and my personality with each month I was med free. Also I have learned to cope with depression so well, that today I can hold on in really difficult situations. Nothing worse than wd.

Feebi, I understand. I am also in that very dark place and though I'm on 4.7mg Valium, I am on four other things. This has been going on since 2013, coming off drugs since 2015. I've had some windows but right now my life isn't even a life. I carry on, though I don't know how and I can't see any future. You're not alone.

So slow tapers dont protect us from this dark depression  :'(

sadly, not always. All I can say to give you hope is that for me the depression left very quickly after I had finished my taper, and like that, very quickly my cognitive abilities came back and my personality with each month I was med free. Also I have learned to cope with depression so well, that today I can hold on in really difficult situations. Nothing worse than wd.

ive heard of depressing lifting after the taper. I pray this happens to me!!!!! im scared ill be like this for years post wd

Try not to give energy into the fears. You never know how the next month, even the next year will be. I know in withdrawal we are afraid of anything and the future looks like a total doomsday party event - but that is the perspective out of withdrawal, not real life. When these thoughts come, tell yourself "OR not!" :smitten:

I understand that we are all different, but I wonder, Feebi, how are your Vit D levels?

I see a huge difference in attitude when I forget to take my Vit D.  It always helps...(well,so far!)

I hope you feel better soon. 

I understand completely. This is my second time around- both from meds given after surgery in the hospital.

I urge you to stay connected to others. Please check in here on the forum. People will support you.

Please get your thyroid checked. The T3 or active hormone can be very low after prolonged illness. It has a direct effect on depression. When you ask for the test, it's TSH, Free T3 and T4, Total T3 and T4.  There are T3 meds available, but you might have to order them online with your prescription.

Hold on.

Things will get better. You didn't always feel this bad. You will heal and experiencing all of this will make you stronger in the future.