Anxiety disorder

[md...]

Tapering off benzos, anxiety disorder is horrific and feel like I’m losing it! Dr wants me to go on antidepressant (Zoloft of Lexapro ) not sure if I should and it would help or make things worse?

I have an anxiety disorder which has been made so much worse with taking Valium and trying to get off it.

Never a high dose , just 4mgs ,

I am down to .75mgs and having to hold, but the fear and terror state is too overwhelming for me,

I am not sure what that AD's do much once taking benzo's

I tried to reintroduce citalopram  last year at a tiny dose as I have taken it before and it really helped , but I was not taking Valium

I do not know if it would help you. Maybe it would if not tried before, but  I think when so sensitised as we are  that  the start up may just be too much,  as it pushes anxiety way up,  and there are no guarantees it will help

I do understand how hard this is. I am in throws of a  low dose, and I don't know if it's withdrawals or the original anxiety state. It's hard to work it out ,

Best wishes

Jen

• 1 month later...
I too was considering hopping on some antidepressants to help recover, but it's quit tricky with a sensitized brain and can make matters worse. Before you consider taking any AntiDeps, please watch this.

Hi mdv, I tried Lexapro a few weeks ago in the lowest dose: 1 ml = 1 mg per day. After 4 days I became super anxious and felt Sui.......l.  Had to stop. Took a while to recover from just those 4 mg. So never again while tapering off. It's like throwing gasoline on a fire. Our bodies and minds are hyper sensitive because of the benzo. Hope you're anxiety gets less soon. Stay strong!

A small dose of lexapro (5 mgs) is helping me but YMMV as they say. With ADs, it is often trial and error. Paxil and Prozac gave me horrible anxiety and Panic and I can tolerate neither. Daily light Aerobic exercise and 3 10 min meditation sessions per day have been the main things that have helped me the most but I still struggle with controlling the anxiety @ times.