Symptoms when Valium transition is not working?

[md...]

Wondering if this Valium is making me sicker? Transitioned 2 months ago and have felt worse early acute w/d since.

Did taper and transition to fast, but also up dosed 1 mg and had no success. What symptoms did others have with a failed transition to Valium?

I am sorry that you are going through that.  In looking at your tapering history a few things stand out.

First, you switched over from .75 of Klonopin to 8 mg of Valium.  That is a bit more than half of the amount that Ashton recommended in her book for the switchover.  That would seem to set you up for problems.  For .75 of Klonopin her book would indicate 15 mg of Valium. 

Second, it seems that after your switchover to Valium you started dropping immediately after a week without giving yourself time to get stable, then continued to do 11-12% drops every two weeks.

If that were me and my doctor was agreeable I would consider going to a much higher dose of valium, waiting to stabilize somewhat, which might take anywhere from a week to over a month, and then begin a symptom based microtaper.

Hello,

I read your other post about not feeling stable on valium after a fast crossover.

I agree with confuseduser, it appears that the dose of valium is not equivalent to your klonopin dose. This can mean that what you are feeling is not necessarily intolerance to valium, but withdrawal symptoms from klonopin.

My doctor did not want a lengthy crossover so I did feel withdrawal from clonazepam even after switching to valium.

I also second the idea of speaking to your doctor about getting a dose that will allow you to stabilize.

pianogirl

Thank you.

I don't know if up dosing could make things worse? I have read a lot of scary experiences with up dosing on here and I have been on this dose for a month? I'm really nervous moving forward and do not know what is the best move. My Dr wants me to go back to Klonopin and transition off of that but that seems like I would risk kindling even more as I have been c/t multiple times this year.

Anyone with similar experiences please chime in and thank you!

Best, m