Has anyone switched from K to V , was sick, back to K and tapered?

[md...]

I am having a hard time on Valium after a fast transition/taper from klonopin. I'm waking an hour after taking it with sweats, rapid heart beats, shakiness, hot/cold, bladder problems and flu symptoms. My Dr now wants me to consider transitioning back to Klonopin , Ativan or Librium. She is pretty clueless and does not know what she is doing. 

My CNS has been a roller coaster this year and I want off all meds but also want to stabilize and taper correctly. Not sure if this is a good idea to change or try to hold out longer feeling awful. On 6 mg of V currently and want to get off of this as soon as possible regardless of my insomnia. Any thoughts? (PLEASE AND THANK YOU)

Woe there! I understand why you want to get off quickly, but there must be a method to madness. You’ve been bouncing around a lot. People don’t like change so why should your central nervous system?

You want off regardless of your insomnia. What about your other symptoms? Can you handle them as well? If I were in your shoes I would not suggest Librium. In fact I was in your shoes and tapering Librium is not fun. Ativan is a beast but I have never taken it so I cannot say. If you were going to go back to klonopin would it be at .25 mg? That’s about right. Well, plus 1 mg Valium but whose picky.

Yes a roller coaster ride is about right. You say your doctor doesn’t understand. Not a surprise there. Most don’t. I really don’t know your transition history. If you could provide more details that would help a bunch. No worries, we won’t let you hang..... :smitten:

Hi Benzogirl,

Yes, you make a good point, my CNS has been on a rollover coaster and my Dr is clueless... I was transitioned from .65K to 8 mg V in one week doing .25k and 5 mg V and then she had me taper really fast, 8 mg 1 week, 7 mg 1 weeek, 6 mg 2 weeks, 5 mg 2’weeks, and then I hit Acute w/d, updosed back to 6 mg for 3 weeks, did not make a change and cut .25 last week. So idk, maybe I should tough it out longer on the V to see if I stabilize while doing a slow taper, or should I take myndes advice whongot me into this mess and transition back to klonopin and taper off of that? Doing the Valium solution right now. Thanks for

You suggestions.

Best, MdV

Question

Why in heavens name did you go one time to .65 mg K plus 8 mg V. Then next .25 mg K and 5 mg V?

If indeed true that is one heck of a drop...enlighten me please......

My nP and I call island wrong.... my dose was never consistently .65, some days it was under .50 ,,,, it was all screwed up, I had no idea or direction, but that is the past, trying to focus on the present

I’m sorry, but I’m still not quite sure what you are saying. I don’t understand island, among other things. How long have you been on each drug and at what doses? Also any other medications or supplements? Thanks 🙏🏽

Just by looking at your signature, I believe the cross over was not accurate. Not enough Valium by a tad.  It’s the ups and downs I think which are causing the problem. In my opinion I would hold and try to stabilize on about nine mg Valium. You’re in no rush so why push it? Even if you have to hold more than a month it’s so worth in IMO. You could either take it in one dose all a bed or split morning and evening. The whole thing is up to you of course. Always let your body tell you what to do. Not some doctor who seems rather ignorant. Best of luck. Trust me, you’ll get there. :thumbsup::smitten:

That was a typo, ( it all wrong ) . I was on klonopin on and of for over 3 months anywhere from .25 to .75 for insomnia, it was never consistent and didn’t help. That’s when I transitioned to Valium to taper and got messed up. No supplements

My doctor thinks klonopin, idk? I think I should stay the course as I’m nervous switching again could just cause more problems. Before I switched to Valium, I was tolerant to the klonopin dose. My Dr thinks the Valium is not a good fit but also screwedme up on the taper

If you were tolerant to your klonopin before the switch, then for sure you’ll be tolerant if you switch again. That happened to me and it was the point of no return. You may want to do your best to get Valium scripts. I did. My doctor was there to provide me with medication and to ask me how I felt. I arranged my own taper. I hope he’s not stubborn like so many out there. Keep in touch and let us know how you’re doing. :thumbsup: