Severe micro sleeps along with w/ds, suggestions please!!

[md...]

Looking for help!

I have been in early Benzo w/d while tapering due the misguided assistance of my NP and my own knowledge of Benzos. I was on Ativan and needed last year PRN and last winter more commonly for a few months on and off and then stopped c/t by my Dr when I started having insomnia and was moved to multiple trial and error sleeping meds. I was back on klonopin for 3 months between .50 mg and .75 mg, after previous c/t in between other failed meds before my dr transitioned to me over to Valium to taper, in which she dis to quickly,( 1 week, from .50 mg Klonopin to 8 mg Valium ). She fast tapered me at 1 mg per week until I got to 6 mg, where I held for 2 weeks before going to 5 mg. I was so sick she updated me back to 6 mg for 3 weeks which I never stabilized and have been sick the entire time. I just did. .25 mg cut this week and have been felling even worse. I have been hitting withdrawal symptoms and tolerance badly waking up an hour after I take the 5 mg at night with soaking sweats, shakes, skin on fire, flu symptoms and more. I believe its from the fast transition, quick cuts and Klonopin w/d's. The Valium makes me feel worse and my Dr wants to change me back to Klonopin to taper. I do not trust her and do not know what to do as I have been sick. Do not know if I need to up dose and use DLMT, or just try to taper down with the current severe w/ds and continued micro sleeps waking with flu symptoms.

Any suggestions or guidance would be be life saving!

I did a CT so I don't have any experience tapering; however, Ashton says no more than 10% of your CURRENT Dose every 2 weeks and then hold as necessary based on your symptoms.  I would try to find another Benzo-wise doctor that will help you do a proper taper.  Insomnia sucks and was my worst and most severe symptom.  It does get a lot better after you are off of everything.  Good luck!

You history shows you took 3 different benzos and the c/t before starting again. What benzos and werenyou at a high strength? I’m in acute w/d so am trying to taper as safely but as quickly as possible to start the real healing process.

Yes, towards the end, before I jumped CT, I was taking 3-4mg of Klonopin along with 30mg of Temazepam and 30mg of Remeron just to get an hour or so of sleep per night.  I started with Xanax at .5mg then was put back on 1mg and that went up to 2mg before switching to the K-pin.  I took Valium for a few days towards the end too, 30mg  and 20mg.

Thank you.

Hi AF1,

(Sent this on the board too)

I screwed up and see you have some similar history. I started with Ativan last winter and we c/t after a couple months to try other sleeping meds (see past history) I was later on .6125 K and transitioned to 8 mg V in one week. She had me me do .25 k and 5 mg v and then dropped me the next week to 8 mg V, tapering 1 mg per week when I got really sick when hitting 5 mg. I then up dosed 1 mg to 6 for 3 weeks and never stabilized where I currently just dropped .25 mg. My dr is now suggesting to switch back to klonopin or Ativan and taper as we believe the Valium has been working against me?

Do you have any suggestions? Wondering if I should switch back to klonopin or Ativan, hold and then taper? Thank you!