Remeron HELP PLEASE!

[cf...]

I went voluntarily into the psych ward over 3 weeks ago and was put on remeron 7.5.  I took 7.5 for 2 weeks, 15mg for a week at 22.5 for 4 days.  It helped a bit with the SI at first but when I went up to 22.5 all hell broke loose and I was pacing for 3 days.  I went down to 15mg 2 days ago and feel a little better. 

The major problem I have is the constant compulsion/obsession to research on here.  I was a problem before but now it's all I can think about.  Has anyone felt increase in OCD symptoms from taking remeron.  I also feel compelled to chain smoke all day.

I'm scared to come off it because I was really bad before.

Anyone have anything like this?

Remeron acts like a completely different drug. I really don’t think anyone should take more than 15 mg while in benzo withdrawal because once you get beyond that dose it increases adrenaline and makes us more nervous and jumpy. At lower doses it is great for sleep and appetite and acts as an anxiolytic which is great in benzo withdrawal. Remeron literally saved my life in benzo withdrawal. I could not eat or sleep. I was definitely going to die. It stopped my nausea and insomnia eithin days. I’ve been on it for 11 months now at 15 mg. I am now tapering it and doimg well with it. Down to 11.3 mg and only took me 5 weeks to go from 15 to 11.3. I actually feel better at this lower dose. I think I should have just taken 7.5 mg the whole time.

• 2 weeks later...
I took this about 20 years ago, and had to stop because of all the brain zaps. So if you're experiencing that, you aren't alone, and I've heard many mention this.