Author Topic: Monitoring Thoughts  (Read 178 times)

[Buddie]

Monitoring Thoughts
« on: September 24, 2019, 09:53:06 pm »
My brain won't stop monitoring every thought that comes into my head.  Does anyone have anything like this?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Monitoring Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 02:40:23 am »
LOL, why do we constantly have to have thoughts? Couldn't we just have rest periods for our brains when we want?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 12:38:23 am »
Can you try to distract? I find that helps alot. Im so sorry you are feeling this way.  :-[

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 02:41:32 am »
LOL, why do we constantly have to have thoughts? Couldn't we just have rest periods for our brains when we want?

I have meditated for ten years or so. I went on a seven day silent meditation retreat. During that I had the briefest period where my mind was quiet. It was great. It didn't last but a few seconds. That was after meditating for 8-10 hours for five days. You can have a rest period, you just have to work at it!  :)