Constant intrusive thoughts

[co...]

Hi,

Does anyone else get these? What I mean by intrusive thoughts is of course the thoughts of dread and anxiety etc.. But these are the kind that are difficult to explain.. If you imagine someone speaking, you can't "hear" them, but you can kind of hear them inside your head..

Well these intrusive thoughts are sort of like that, but without having to try to imagine something.. It's difficult to explain. Say if I've been watching something on the television or internet, sometimes it will keep playing over and over and over in my head for hours ( sort of like when music is stuck in your head)..

Does anyone else get this? It's not "hearing voices", but it's like when music is stuck in your head, except with words that you've heard during the day... I know this sounds a little strange.. I do hope I'm not going crazy..

(Current dose is 9mg diazepam/daily and I last reduced from 10mg 2 weeks ago).

im 5 mo post jump and I remember feeling this way. its like your brain is replaying things you have heard. I didn't hear it auditorially so that made me feel better not thinking I had gone crazy...but I know exactly what you mean. pay it no mind

It's nice to find someone with similar symptoms.  I have been searching for someone with these symptoms for a while.  Everything I read/watch repeats in my head over and over.  I believe they are earworms but instead of music looping its things we read/watch etc.  I also have it with conversations.

Yeah, it just loops and loops. And it's often worse in the morning when awakening. It's quite strange..

I do find that it lessens in intensity after about 6 weeks tapering. And slowly diminishes still. How long until it goes away for good though?

• 4 weeks later...
Yes this is very common.  I still get these as I am tapering, kind of an obsession thing which is very common in benzo withdrawal.  It will gradually get better

it's a type of exposure therapy,  I looked into it, but lost interest real quick, as many CBT's etc don't have

nothing on Physical Benzo Withdrawal, 

It doesn't sound like like it's the appropriate thing for a benzo withdrawal related symptom..

For anyone having gone through this, how long does it take to go?

This happened to me when I went into tolerance withdrawal - I felt like I was in a room with lots of conversations going on just below the level of understanding what was being said. I was severely sleep deprived. Shortly afterward, I found the Ashton manual and started my taper off of valium. After I started tapering, the disturbances became less and stopped after a couple of months. I have a ton of withdrawal effects but luckily that one went away and I do sleep now though not enough and not great quality. I find wd symptoms come and go. This is hard but getting off of the benzos is the only way I have found that offers hope.

it's a type of exposure therapy,  I looked into it, but lost interest real quick, as many CBT's etc don't have

nothing on Physical Benzo Withdrawal,

If you have a headache do you take advil to help relieve the pain or do you just deal with the pain?

I've had it for nearly 11 months straight all day everyday but I didn't taper. What's your taper speed?

My taper speed is to drop around 1mg every month to 6 weeks or so. I'm currently on 8.5mg/daily of diazepam.