Author Topic: Bedridden 3 years...no more!  (Read 5843 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Bedridden 3 years...no more!
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2020, 03:39:32 pm »
Thank You!

I got up this morning needing encouragement and went to BB just to see if I could find something and there was your post. I'm going on *(I've edited this  to remove timeframe) and feeling desperate and scared that this might not ever end. But you've given me hope that it will!

My husband is a big car guy - '67 Mustang Fastback in the garage (when we met he had a '70 SS Camaro) He loved your post as well!

So very happy for you! May God richly bless you in the months and years ahead!

*I want to note that I have made significant improvements but I'm not there yet -

« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 07:37:25 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2020, 07:17:49 pm »
Thank you for keeping this thread active and bumping it to the top of the list.  I also had a horrible morning with SX so I popped onto BB to see if I could find an encouraging success story.  By the grace of God here was your story right at the top, and it truly gave me hope.

I am afraid to say I am only at 9 months so I think I still have quite a ways to go, but I was uplifted by your ability to fight through the SI, anxiety, depression, and fatigue and still persevere!

Cheers,
         [...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2020, 02:41:33 pm »
omg u guys make me cry. I feel so much of your pain. I wish i can fix ya all. [...] your welcome also its exactly why i come on. Love the fast back but really love the SS camaro. I will change my pic now lol. U guys all take care and im here for you.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2020, 08:57:59 pm »
[...] - How many years were you on the gabapentin before you tapered it?  I am nearly done with a Valium taper and next up is Gabapentin.

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2020, 10:10:36 pm »
[...], I am so happy to see your success story here. You reached out to me very early in my WD, concerning taking gabapentin. I remember how you struggled, and, yet, thru your pain and suffering you responded to my inquiry, and was so kind and supportive towards me. Thank you.
I am just so happy for you. Onward in your life and be happy!

Always, [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2020, 03:58:54 pm »
Bump

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2020, 04:22:06 pm »
I was prescribed benzos for over 15 years.  I was taking 4 mg Ativan a day. I crossed over to valium and tapered for two years.  I have been benzo free for 22 months.  I am still pretty sick and bed ridden most of the time.  One symptom that has subsided is body twitching.  Most days I can cook dinner and eat with my husband.  I can make a grocery list and plan meals and do some light housekeeping.  Once in a while I can even go out, for a special occasion or for a play or movie.  I hope that after 36 months benzo free I can resume my life, this is my hope and prayer. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2020, 04:27:01 pm »
I am 22 months off benzos and still pretty sick.  I can cook dinner most days and go out once in a while, but am still mainly bed or couch ridden.  I hope and pray that one day I feel better and am able to resume my old life.  I am trying to stay positive and have faith in the future.

[Buddie]

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2020, 10:01:46 pm »
I am currently 7 months C/T Klonopin I only used for 4 months. Your story has helped me think that I will recover one day even tho I feel like I have brain damage. I am glad to hear you recovered. May I ask if you had tinnitus and if it ever went away? Congratz on your success!

[Buddie]

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2020, 02:52:55 pm »
[...] - How many years were you on the gabapentin before you tapered it?  I am nearly done with a Valium taper and next up is Gabapentin.

[...]..i was on Gabapentin for 5-6 years before i started my taper. I tapered the Klonopin first. Good luck u can do it!