Anyone have any advice on where and when to move to?

[wr...]

Hey guys. So I'm in a bit of a rut at the moment.

At the beginning of this year I left my shared accommodation as my housemate turned out to be pretty unstable, and I moved in with my Dad to have some support/save up a bit more financial security. I'm 31, have always worked, but always lived paycheck to paycheck (teacher), and then became suddenly severely ill a few years back because of withdrawal and have been surviving off disability benefit.

Things have now got stressful at my Dad's. I'm in recovery from this illness and I just need a secure, safe, comforting place to be. I thought this would be, but it's not really and it's quite emotionally painful. I've come to accept I do just have to deal with this completely alone, and so it would be nice to move to an area where I can at least try and have a social life on the side.

My choices are between moving to the South West of the UK, where it's cheaper, beautiful scenes, but perhaps a bit more 'isolated' and less career opportunities.

OR

Moving to the South East, where it's more expensive, but perhaps more opportunities to meet people, build a social life back up and have more career opportunities (I currently own my own art/illustration business)

In reality I'm probably not going to be going out doing loads of stuff everyday for another 6 months/ year at least but it'd be nice to live in an area where I can do some of that - meet like minded, creative, liberal people, go on camping trips, watersports etc.

Initially the South West is perfect for that, but when I do want to start networking professionally (I'm also a musician and the S.E seems like a better place for that) am I going to want to have to move again :/

It'd be nice to pick a place and just feel like I'm settled there for a few years whilst I regain my physical strength and build my bank balance back up (I lost around £100,000 due to Benzos).

Logically it would be nice to go and explore these areas but all my resources feel very finite right now  - my health, my energy, my money. So it doesn't feel like the most feasible option.

The second big question is when to move:

Right now I have about £2000 saved. Which just isn't a lot at all. It would maybe be just about enough to put a deposit down, but I'd feel pretty vulnerable. But at least I'd be out of here - in an area where I can meet some new people and start living life again.

Ideally I wanted to have £5000 saved before moving but I just don't know how long that's going to take. I feel like I'm slowly going crazy here but at least if I had that money I'll always have a secure emergency fund.

So I could move now, and just work my ass off to save £5k in the new place. Or put up with living here for another 3-6 months, and then move.

But there's still the question of, I don't actually know where to go either.

And of course, with the reality of withdrawal, all of this is feeling really quite overwhelming but I just don't feel like I really have a choice.

Would anyone kindly have any advice on this?