• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [La...]

• [Fl...]

• [Fi...]

• [Ja...]

I didn't even know who he was, but I wonder about this statement: "The situation is really sad. He looks like a lost puppy. But it will only last while he gets this horrible medication out his system and then he will be good to go again," Mikhaila said.

Hmmm....So many people don't understand benzos. You can't just get the medication out and then "be good to go again." It's the NERVES that have the final say.

He is a clinical psychologist and philosopher who talks a lot about life for young males. His philosophy might be about to be informed by a lot more than just his politics and theories.  It might be a good thing in the long run.

"At the medical facility, Peterson is being weaned off Clonazepam using other medications. Weaker concoctions are used as a sort of substitute for the powerful anti-anxiety drug."

After reading this thread's headline, I googled it up.......I'll be darn.  Perhaps some good will come out of such a high profile guy in rehab for Klonopin (or benzos in general).  Personally I wish him well.

Jordan and his daughter Mikhaila are very interesting people.

Jordan is a deep thinker who has discovered many unpopular truths in life (and has made a very lucrative career out of it) but unfortunately listening to many of his talks there was one thing that was GLARINGLY obvious to me that he was still clueless about, and that was prescription drugs. So this doesn't really surprise me.

Unfortunately Mikhaila is just as clueless-

"The situation is really sad. He looks like a lost puppy. But it will only last while he gets this horrible medication out his system and then he will be good to go again," Mikhaila said.

Watch the video in the article. She says something to the effect of "Lorazepam isn't anything like clonazepam". Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaa.........

Lets hope Jordan doesn't have to deal with the worst of what these drugs have to offer and hopefully something good will come of this. He is still a super high profile person and the fact that he is a psychologist means that he has the potential to make some serious waves.

I had not heard of him but read the wikipedia article which concluded:

"In late 2016, Peterson went on a strict diet consisting only of meat and some vegetables to control severe depression and an autoimmune disorder, including psoriasis and uveitis. He stopped eating any vegetables in mid-2018."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Peterson

Mikhaila was the catalyst for that change. Her story is fascinating, I would highly recommend watching some of her youtube videos. She suffered from severe autoimmune issues as a child and was finally able to turn her health around after changing her diet.

"In late 2016, Peterson went on a strict diet consisting only of meat and some vegetables to control severe depression and an autoimmune disorder, including psoriasis and uveitis. He stopped eating any vegetables in mid-2018."

Mikhaila was the catalyst for that change. Her story is fascinating, I would highly recommend watching some of her youtube videos. She suffered from severe autoimmune issues as a child and was finally able to turn her health around after changing her diet.

I haven't seen or read Mikhaila's videos or stories. I haven't even read the "Atlantic" article referenced in the footnote of wikipedia regarding the "Peterson Diet". But, here it is:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2018/08/the-peterson-family-meat-cleanse/567613/ best wishes

Regardless of what you think about their ideas, it is "good" for the Benzo community when high profile people have to suffer through this ordeal. This problem needs exposure. I'm sorry he has to go through this.

Interesting- he is very high-profile and very outspoken, I hope he will publicly shed some light on this.

He is also regarded, from what I can tell, as a little bit of and outsider and kind of a kook (?) so I hope that doesn't keep people from taking him seriously about this.

He is a clinical psychologist and philosopher who talks a lot about life for young males. His philosophy might be about to be informed by a lot more than just his politics and theories.  It might be a good thing in the long run.

Yes, I think it would be very good for our community if he VALIDATES that it's because of the Klonopin. Who knows, he may have doctors that shun that point of view, and he might remain silent because of it. On the other hand, being in rehab, he'll probably be told he's an addict, so that will add to the shame.

I haven't seen or read Mikhaila's videos or stories. I haven't even read the "Atlantic" article referenced in the footnote of wikipedia regarding the "Peterson Diet". But, here it is:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2018/08/the-peterson-family-meat-cleanse/567613/ best wishes

I finished reading the "Atlantic" article. People can and will believe what they want.

As for me, the Petersons appear to be unhealthy in more ways than one. best wishes

I finished reading the "Atlantic" article. People can and will believe what they want.

As for me, the Petersons appear to be unhealthy in more ways than one. best wishes

The diet stuff has nothing to do with the benzo discussion but since you brought it up, I would highly recommend opening your mind.

Many of us here have had our lives destroyed because we took information that is deemed by society to be "good" at face value. Clueless doctors are still going to school for a decade and they are still handing out drugs that can destroy lives, all the while claiming these drugs are perfectly safe.

To believe that the benzo issue is the ONLY thing that we have been deceived about that could be detrimental to our health an wellbeing is shortsighted and I encourage everyone to look around them and question everything. We only started seeing chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes and even mental health issues like depression increase dramatically after these dietary recommendations came into place. Correlation does not equal causation but there is a lot of research coming out that is starting to paint a different picture about diet than what we have been lead to believe.

There is tons of other information out there that can debunk just about everything in the article you posted. Who is right and who is wrong? I can't prove anything either way but having had my life ruined by so called "experts" who are supposed to "do no harm" I no longer take what the government, the medical establishment and society say at face value and when I start to see piles of anecdotal evidence that people who eschew conventional dietary advice happy and healthier than they have ever been, I am all ears.

maybe this would be a good time to reach out to her?  I didn’t care right now about her meat diet. Her father could be goin through what we are going through. They have HUGE platforms. I suggest each of us send her a message wishing him health, sharing some of our story linking to Benzobuddies, , emphasizing the slow taper, and maybe linking to the Ashton manual. His politics and her beliefs are of no concern to me, just as I don’t “care” what any of yours are (in terms of my hope for your healing).

You could do this because it COULD help our cause, or else because it could help a fellow sufferer. Just a thought.

Here is the email I sent to Dr. Peterson’s daughter’s public email:

Mikhaila,

I’m so very sorry that you are dealing with your father’s klonopin issue, and so soon after your mother’s illness. I too am dependent on klonopin and I am working to get free. I took them as my doctor prescribed and was shocked to find I could not quit. Unfortunately most rehab centers believe in rapid taper, where you are quickly taken off the drug, often with other harmful drugs added to the mix.

This rarely works and often leads to long term damage.

The only safe way to heal from physical dependence (which is very different than addiction) is to slowly taper down. Addiction is a craving and can possibly be overcome by willpower, dependence is physiological and can happen with klonopin in as little as 4 weeks. It doesn’t matter if it was used as prescribed or not. The dependency issue is the same.

Tapering, the slow reduction of the drug over months, is the only way to safely get through this without causing further (and perhaps permanent damage).

I would refer you to the best manual on benzo withdrawal, the Ashton Manual.

https://benzo.org.uk/manual/index.htm

The webpage is a little old fashioned but the information is critical.

Also, the best support group, with people who can supply tapering schedules, advice, info on supplements and drugs to avoid, etc is:

http://www.benzobuddies.org

Please reach out for help, quitting a benzo is not like quitting any other drug on earth.

I’m here if you have any questions.

I saw this and I think it is exciting because Jordan Peterson is very popular and in the news a lot.  I am curious to how his withdrawal goes.  It was interesting in his daughter's video that she seriously thought he just needed to get the drug out of his system and then he would be fine.  I wonder if it will be that easy for him?  I would not want to be in a rehab situation for my benzo withdrawal.  I hope he shares his experience with the world. 

Here is the email I sent to Dr. Peterson’s daughter’s public email:

Mikhaila,

I’m so very sorry that you are dealing with your father’s klonopin issue, and so soon after your mother’s illness. I too am dependent on klonopin and I am working to get free. I took them as my doctor prescribed and was shocked to find I could not quit. Unfortunately most rehab centers believe in rapid taper, where you are quickly taken off the drug, often with other harmful drugs added to the mix.

This rarely works and often leads to long term damage.

The only safe way to heal from physical dependence (which is very different than addiction) is to slowly taper down. Addiction is a craving and can possibly be overcome by willpower, dependence is physiological and can happen with klonopin in as little as 4 weeks. It doesn’t matter if it was used as prescribed or not. The dependency issue is the same.

Tapering, the slow reduction of the drug over months, is the only way to safely get through this without causing further (and perhaps permanent damage).

I would refer you to the best manual on benzo withdrawal, the Ashton Manual.

https://benzo.org.uk/manual/index.htm

The webpage is a little old fashioned but the information is critical.

Also, the best support group, with people who can supply tapering schedules, advice, info on supplements and drugs to avoid, etc is:

http://www.benzobuddies.org

Please reach out for help, quitting a benzo is not like quitting any other drug on earth.

I’m here if you have any questions.

Very cool. Good luck with everything.

I saw this and I think it is exciting because Jordan Peterson is very popular and in the news a lot.  I am curious to how his withdrawal goes.  It was interesting in his daughter's video that she seriously thought he just needed to get the drug out of his system and then he would be fine.  I wonder if it will be that easy for him?  I would not want to be in a rehab situation for my benzo withdrawal.  I hope he shares his experience with the world.

Yeah there is a time in all of our experience when we realize we can't be "taken care of" while we get off this. It takes too long. I wonder if they just don't know this now and are going to find out later.

I also wonder what the benzo philosophy is of the rehab and/or his Dr. Has he heard the word "Taper" yet? Are they telling him they will clear him up and send him on his way healed?

Jordan Peterson would be an amazingly powerful ally. Let’s hope he and/or his daughter dig into benzos a little and understand the problem.

The good news is that both of them have already had "awakenings" when they realized how conventional diets were making them sick.

Lets hope that they are able to realize that they have also been lied to about the safety of psych drugs. They have both talked positively about drugs in the past but maybe this will be a wakeup call. The fact that Mikhaila accepts the withdrawal issues is a good start.

From her video it seems like she found some anti K stuff. That’s good. I left a comment on the vid citing BIC, BB & Ashton. There’s a top comment citing Ashton and some other good resources. I hope they see it. I don’t know how many of you have seen Jordan Peterson debate, but let’s just say that if he sees the light on Benzos it will be huge for the community IMO.