Klonopin to Valium for 2 months and back to Klonopin/ HELP!! :(

[md...]

I am having a hard time on Valium after a fast transition/taper from klonopin. I'm waking an hour after taking it with sweats, rapid heart beats, shakiness, hot/cold, bladder problems and flu symptoms. My Dr now wants me to consider transitioning back to Klonopin , Ativan or Librium. She is pretty clueless and does not know what she is doing. 

My CNS has been a roller coaster this year and I want off all meds but also want to stabilize and taper correctly. Not sure if this is a good idea to change or try to hold out longer feeling awful. On 6 mg of V currently and want to get off of this as soon as possible regardless of my insomnia. Any thoughts? (PLEASE AND THANK YOU IN ADVANCE! )

Ive always been told to slowly add Valium to daily dose being sure that it equals 4 mg of Klonopin (thats how much I currently take) so you can slowly adjust to Valium for your taper. Also, I've heard of people that keep a small dose of Klonopin in the mix during most of their taper. Maybe talk to your doctor about that. If I take the equivalent of Valium right away it puts me in shock. It's just not what my brain is used to and it's very sensitive.  Good luck

My Plan is to get to 1/4 of it klonopin maybe see if I can do less and the rest valium. Then the 1/4 klonopin I will take 1/8 at night and 1/8 during the day since thats how Ive taken for 6 years since Ive been switched to it. Then while tapering I will first slowly taper the daytime (and the valium over all of course) so I'm only taking a night time dose. Then taper that off before i am due to be off of valium. I think this will make it smoother for me without completely ruining my life during the taper or giving up.

• 2 weeks later...

Than you, you mean do like .125 mg k and then V at night?

I was on a lot of klonopin. I did a partial cross over that took about four months. Here was my ratio. Any more Valium would have been too much on my system. It’s was 4.5 mg klonopin and 70 mg Valium. I hope this helps, :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Than you, you mean do like .125 mg k and then V at night?

I was on a lot of klonopin. I did a partial cross over that took about four months. Here was my ratio. Any more Valium would have been too much on my system. It’s was 4.5 mg klonopin and 70 mg Valium. I hope this helps, :smitten:

Benzo girl... you ROCK!!!  :smitten::thumbsup: