ok, you know how they say no alchohol while tapering...

[Ca...]

what about the vodka in the solution.  is that going to set off a trigger or a cascade of bad events?  will that cause harm whilst tapering?  for those of us who are very sensitive? 

thankyou.

what about the vodka in the solution.  is that going to set off a trigger or a cascade of bad events?  will that cause harm whilst tapering? 

It's a tiny amount. You probably get more alcohol in your mouthwash. Also, pharmacy prep Diazepam Intensol contains alcohol. I just wouldn't worry about it. It will not set off a cascade of bad events.

But if you are worried, you can "dissolve" your valium in propylene glycol or full fat milk. It will not be truly dissolved, but it will make a suspension.

I wanted my valium to dissolve. So I used the vodka method. I had absolutely no problems at all.

I understand your concern, but sometimes our anxiety about this whole process makes us overthink things. I know I "researched" the vodka method to death before deciding on it.

Best to you,

:smitten:

Katz

You should probably want to avoid drinking alcoholic beverages while tapering, but in this case you are using a tiny amount of alcohol as a pharma solvent, like thousands of other liquid meds, both Rx and OTC.

One of the Rx liquid benzos  (Diazepam Intensol) is a 19% alcohol based solution.

what about the vodka in the solution.  is that going to set off a trigger or a cascade of bad events?  will that cause harm whilst tapering?  for those of us who are very sensitive? 

thankyou.

I've been doing my Clonazepam taper for almost two years.  Been using a minute amount of vodka and have had zero issues.  It's so small.  My vodka bottle is 3/4 full and I'm almost at the end of my taper.  You do the math... two years of tapering with vodka... only 1/4 of the bottle used.  It's like a crazy tiny amount daily... like a small drop.  ::)

thankyou.

I've been doing my Clonazepam taper for almost two years.  Been using a minute amount of vodka and have had zero issues.  It's so small.  My vodka bottle is 3/4 full and I'm almost at the end of my taper.  You do the math... two years of tapering with vodka... only 1/4 of the bottle used.  It's like a crazy tiny amount daily... like a small drop.  ::)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: