2.5 Years Later and I'm finally here:)

[ne...]

Hey buddies. So I went back and forth on whether to type this but its my way of paying it forward and giving a little hope to you guys out there still suffering. I am calling it now that I am pretty much healed. What I will say, is this is the new me. I went through this gates of hell and never expected to be the same person I was before when this was all over. That helped me immensely to realize I have to adapt or be frustrated all the time. So almost all of my symptoms are gone (a few that come here and there that Im totally used to) but otherwise, I've been living my life and working two jobs (that I love btw) and I rarely think about it anymore.

This has been over a 2 year process from start to finish for me. I contracted whopping cough (pertussis) and currently have pleurisy but the benzo w/d symptoms are pretty much non existent. What I will say is that I still have some minor sleep issues as far as vivid dreaming that will jolt me for a hot minute when I wake up (used to it though) and when I do get sick (a cold etc) some of those benzos symptoms peak their little head for a day or two. But, being at 95% now and living my life completely, I have to call this and say I am healed. I will have some bad days and maybe some weeks here and there, but thats ok. That comes with the territory (or that really comes with life in general).

I really hope you guys find the peace that I have after going through all of this and the strength to beat it. I know you all can because I assure if I can, you can (I wasn't so strong before this). In the beginning, this road looked so long and grueling I didn't know what to think. Now I am here, and totally feel this is now apart of me and has made me into a new person, seeing things differently than I ever have. Its kind of toughened me up quite a bit. Be well buddies and please reach out if you need any advice. Im not on here a lot, but I will get back to you:)  :thumbsup::)

congrats! you made it! i just posted about my 2.5 year haul as well! crazy to think it took us THAT long to heal! wow. best of luck to you. youre amazing.
  • Like 1

Congratulations on your healing and making it to the other side. Do you mind telling about what symptoms you dealt with?  Best of luck to you in your new life!

congrats! you made it! i just posted about my 2.5 year haul as well! crazy to think it took us THAT long to heal! wow. best of luck to you. you're amazing.

Hey, I actually read your entire success story too. Wow, you have really been through so much! I have so much respect for you for keep on trucking and not giving up. I did the exact same thing you did and just told myself "you gotta keep going..there is no going back". Thank you for your kind words and really I am so happy you are back to living life after what you have been through. Oh, I'm also a musician and let me tell you - I lost all of my drive for most of this process. I literally started writing songs again about 5 months ago. You're awesome and your story really resonated with me! ;D

Hey Warrior24! Thanks for the kind words and I'm so glad to be hear now. As far as my symptoms, I'll go ahead and list all of the ones I dealt with and the very small ones that show up once in a while (which is probably more related to my underlying anxiety I had that put me on benzos in the first place)

1. Nausea and vomiting (I had a 14 day cyclic vomiting episodes at month 6 and ended up in the hospital

2. Brain Fog (really bad at times)

3. Benzo Belly

4. Headaches

5. Muscle Pain all over

7. Regurgitation

8. Vivid Nightmares

9. Insomnia

10. Horrible Anxiety

11. Palpitations

12. Psoriasis stayed broken out the entire time

13. Loss of Appetite in the beginning

14. Dizziness

15. Depression

16. Tingling sensations all over

17. Watery Eyes

18. Muscle Ticks

18. Neck pain

19. Eye Sight got blurry on and off

20. Emotions all over the place

21. Loss of Sex Drive (that came back thankfully)

22. Mouth Sores

24. Panic Attacks

I know I'm leaving off plenty, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Now what I will say is that they are all gone in exception for the vivid nightmares and the occasional Brain Fog for a day or two when I get sick from a cold etc. Thanks again for your kind words, and I hope this helped you some ;D