Author Topic: sleep is better  (Read 541 times)

[Buddie]

sleep is better
« on: September 17, 2019, 04:20:50 pm »
Hi all,

I have not been online in ages!! Partly because I am too afraid to tell that my sleep has been improved massively! And that if I write it down I get the problem back again. I know that sounds silly, but hardly sleeping for over a year was one of the hardest parts of my life (and I have been through a lot). I was only a very short time user of Temazapam for sleep problems due to work stress.

What do I think helped me:

- Time!
- getting pregnant: maybe the hormones helped, I don't really know
- not drinking any alcohol anymore. I hardly drank alcohol, but I loved 2 or 3 glasses of wine in the weekend. Ofcourse I could not do that anymore when pregant.

No, ofcourse I have a baby who never sleeps through the night, and keeps me up, BUT: I can fall asleep and actually feel like sleeping. When I was on benzowhithdrawal, sleeping never felt like sleeping. It was the weirdest feeling ever. It is so different from not sleeping because of a baby, workstress, a snoring husband etc. It is like toxic sleep after benzo!

My sleepcylcle started to get a little better after a year of stopping my short time benzo. I am still not an excellent sleeper. It is not 100% better, but this is liveable. If I am really tired and the baby is sleeping through the night, I can sleep for 8 hours again without interruption. This is a dream!!

There are night I only sleep 3 or 4 hours (not even straigth), but this still feels like sleep (again, this never felt like actually sleeping when on benzo).

On average I sleep like 6 hours a night now (with 2 or 3 interruptions from the baby). I think that is quite normal for persons with a baby. Without the baby and early work hours I could easily get the 7 or 8 hours I think.

So, still exhausted from lack of sleep, but from the baby and not from the benzowithdrawal I think.... because sleeping feels like sleeping again.

Hope everyone of you with sleep problems will hold on and not start benzo's again... Time will heal you...

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: sleep is better
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 05:31:18 pm »
Congratulations on the new baby sleepwhereyouare!!!  :smitten:

Honestly, it's much better to lose sleep because you have a new little one in your life rather then benzo withdrawal. 

My best to you and your family,

[...]  :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 06:02:21 pm »
You have a great outlook and Iím sure that helps! Congratulations on the little one, good thing you again have the ability to fall asleep easily...moms need that!
[...]  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 06:21:38 pm »
Iím so glad youíre sleeping better! :) I know all too well just how terrible insomnia can be. Itís been my main symptom. Hopefully Iíll start sleeping better soon.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 06:39:52 pm »
Thanks all. Also, i drink wine again in the weekends. 3 classes when ging out. And sometimes one or two classes at dinner. Als drink coffee again. This was impossible the first year.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 07:57:20 pm »
Hi,
I remember you!  First of all congrats on the baby! Did you have a long stretch of 0-3hrs sleep?  How long did it take before you got anything resembling okay sleep? 
I have been stuck on 0-2hrs for a long time. It is hard to endure and demoralizing because there are no signs it is going to get better. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 10:00:39 am »
Hi,
I remember you!  First of all congrats on the baby! Did you have a long stretch of 0-3hrs sleep?  How long did it take before you got anything resembling okay sleep? 
I have been stuck on 0-2hrs for a long time. It is hard to endure and demoralizing because there are no signs it is going to get better.

Thanks, It took about a year of benzo to be able to sleep 3 or 4 hours in a row, not even every night. After that, it slowly got better. I remember finding out I was pregnant and thinking: I cannot be a mother, because that means less sleep, and I already hardly sleep! I thought I could not be a sleepless mother. It would kill me. But things got better. Not sure if it was time, stop drinking wine in the weekends (although it was not much), pregnancy hormonesÖ. All I know that my work stayed stressfull and sleep still got better. 

I think it was time without drinking wine in the weekends.

Hugs to youÖ not sleeping is sooo horrible.