Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Symposium Live Stream

[GA...]

Hi Fellow Survivors

Good news - a live feed link has been sent to me for the Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Symposium.  Some details of the Symposium can be seen here -

and the University of Arizona website here https://medicine.arizona.edu/benzodiazepine-withdrawal-symposium.  This is taking place on the 16th September 2019 (Arizona time).  I have also been told that after the site has done the live stream it will also be presenting the archived video.  This means we can go and watch it later at our convenience without having to worry about timezone differences.  It appears to be only the afternoon sessions that are being live streamed and recorded.  This was in the message I received which contains the link to the live stream:

The afternoon presentations will be video recorded and broadcast via a University of Arizona Biomedical Communications LINK TO LIVE STREAM AND ARCHIVED VIDEO (https://streaming.biocom.arizona.edu/event/?id=28977).

These are the details of the live stream:

Benzodiazapine Symposium

WATCH - This event will stream live at 12:00 PM on Monday, September 16, 2019.

WHEN - Monday, September 16, 2019  12:00 - 4:30 PM Arizona time.

I was also told that video files will be kept active for 3 years from the date of issue, unless prior arrangements are made.

I will also put a similar post on other boards.

Perhaps we can discuss the Symposium after we have had a chance to watch it?

Best wishes to everyone!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Qu...]

• [La...]

• [no...]

• [Ba...]

Sooo many!  Just not up to typing now, but looking forward to feedback from everyone else.  Your thoughts, Quiet?

I missed a good portion of it though, would like to listen again from the beginning.

Hi Everyone

I tried to watch the Symposium live today but the feed kept dropping out on me making it impossible to watch.  I haven't been able to access the archived video yet either and will let you all know as soon as I discover it is available.

Best wishes to you all.

Do you see a grey/orange/red icon beneath "Benzodiazapine Symposium" --- "Watch"?  Try clicking on that, works for me.

That’s what I did as well.  The icon is small.  Look for the letters “HD” (high definition).

You might need flash player. You can download it. If you have more than one browser try all of them

yeah i have chrome and had to install the version of flash player for chromium? but anyways i did and restrted my puter, then went to the link nad had to go to the front page of that site where it has their recent shows listed, and clicked on the symposium one, then made sure i clicked "allow' instead of "ask first" on my flash player thingee and it put up the video box player

worth it tho :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the tips, Everyone! I'm a bit unsure about installing anything at this point, so I think I'll take a pass. If anyone can give some feedback on how it went, what was said, anything significant, etc., that would be great!

Thanks for all the tips, Everyone! I'm a bit unsure about installing anything at this point, so I think I'll take a pass. If anyone can give some feedback on how it went, what was said, anything significant, etc., that would be great!

Do you have another browser on your computer? Try them and see. I can't watch it in Chrome, but it plays fine in Safari. Try Firefox or IE.