Really struggling please help

[4G...]

I have lost hope and don't know what to do. I've just managed to get out of bed. So depressed with intrusive thoughts. This has been going on for so many years. Just trying to hold on. Anybody out there? Thanks.

• 2 months later...
get off all drugs asap

What? This is neither kind nor responsible. Do you not think we all want off all our drugs as soon as we can safely do it? I know Gilly. Do you? Have you been on here for years, trying to help her? No? I thought not. She has been trying mightily to slowly and reasonably get off her drugs. She does not need you scolding her, telling her to do it "asap".

Please think twice before you give people such prescriptive "advice". It's really not helpful.

Katz

get off all drugs asap

What? This is neither kind nor responsible. Do you not think we all want off all our drugs as soon as we can safely do it? I know Gilly. Do you? Have you been on here for years, trying to help her? No? I thought not. She has been trying mightily to slowly and reasonably get off her drugs. She does not need you scolding her, telling her to do it "asap".

Please think twice before you give people such prescriptive "advice". It's really not helpful.

Katz

have you considered that the drugs the op is currently taking may be keeping her in the state she is currently in? clearly this is why we are all here. i'm sorry for being definitive. but pharma psychotropic drugs are evil and hijack our souls and minds and my personal belief is there can be no getting back to normal as long as one is on them.

get off all drugs asap

Katz

have you considered that the drugs the op is currently taking may be keeping her in the state she is currently in? clearly this is why we are all here. i'm sorry for being definitive. but pharma psychotropic drugs are evil and hijack our souls and minds and my personal belief is there can be no getting back to normal as long as one is on them.

50shadesofdre,

BenzoBuddies is not anti-medication and taking or quitting any medicine—including benzodiazepines—should be a personal decision made in consultation with a suitably qualified medical practitioner.  You've been warned your posts are crossing the line of being prescriptive, I suggest you modify your style of writing.

Pamster

OMG is the above a news flash? I guess none of us ever thought of the fact that the drug(s) we are/were on are/were not particularly good for us. Thank heavens you came along  to set us straight.

50, I have seen too many ppl like you on here. You know everything. You are intimately familiar with the (sometimes years long) struggles of people here. You have easy answers. "Get off all drugs asap". Please. And you aren't being "definitive" -- that's the wrong word. You're being prescriptive. Do this; don't do that.  And you aren't a bit sorry -- you're only too happy to tell Gilly why she is in the state she's in and how to get out of it.

You're going to be very unpopular here if you continue to tell ppl how to behave. We're all either trying our best to get off our drugs; or trying our best to help other ppl get off theirs.

Katz

• 1 month later...

Thank you Katz.  I've only just seen this. Of course you are right and I appreciate that so much.

I never forget your kindness. Hope all is well, especially with Bonkerz! Love, Gx

Hey, Gilly. I hope you're doing better. What Mr. Know-It-All posted really bothered me. He doesn't know you at all -- your years of struggling.

Bonkers is doing okay -- she just turned four How is Tilly?

Hang in there, kiddo.

:smitten:

Katz

Tilly is okay, thanks Katz. Coping well with one eye though getting to be an old girl with big skirts, as I think you called them...

Have bad depression which is really upsetting me. Yet another year of feeling like this. Have had times of being okay but then the doctor changes my tablet brand. Glad you're okay.

Ajusta! Oh, thank you SO much! This Christmas and New Year have been traumatizing. Really touched because I know you are struggling so much. 💙  Thanks again.