Muscle stiffness, back pain, loss of strength.

[Tr...]

Hi, do any of you have all these symptoms?  They come with withdrawal,  but also with Fibromyalgia,  which I suffer from. Walking is becoming more and more difficult. Standing for a few minutes is really hard to do. I feel like my back is giving in. The thought of ending up in a wheelchair is killing me. Neurological tests (EMG, MRI-SCAN of Backbone)) came back negative. In a week or two I' m having a brain scan done. Fearing the very worst..

Hi, do any of you have all these symptoms?  They come with withdrawal,  but also with Fibromyalgia,  which I suffer from. Walking is becoming more and more difficult. Standing for a few minutes is really hard to do. I feel like my back is giving in. The thought of ending up in a wheelchair is killing me. Neurological tests (EMG, MRI-SCAN of Backbone)) came back negative. In a week or two I' m having a brain scan done. Fearing the very worst..

Yes, but not so severe. But I have severe back pain, knee pain and soles of my feet pain apart from very weak legs. It has improved with a long hold, but it improves very slowly. I'm planning to hold until both my psychological and physical symptoms become more tolerable. I have a lot of responsibilities and I need to function.

• 3 weeks later...
I had back pain like that too. Plus pin and needles, muscle crampong, playar facsitis. Horrible. I believe it was from bad c/o from x to v. It is gone now. Just kept doing stretching and strenthining exercises. Iced alot. Ibufrofin 800 mg. I aslso had cortisone shots in my hips. 6 mos later and im fine now. I did hold to stabilize. That helped alot. I am sorry you are going thru this. I thought i would be in a wheelchair too. You will get better.

Hi thochsetter,

I had fybromygia before valium. I started valium for back injury. Only after a few days on 2.5mg valium, I started having the severe inter dose muscle contraction so bad making my head turn to one side and lower back twisting die to the uneven muscle contraction. It got so severe during my taper that I can't stand for more than couple minutes, can't bend at all to pull my pants on or socks on, I can't even bend my legs as the stiffness is from head to toe. I thought I had stiff person syndrome. Now I'm off 70 days it didn't lift at all sometime got worse.

As for fybromygia, I only had it on my head before valium on and off, ever since v even before tapering, the severe pins and needles spread to entire body again head to toe and intensity is 10 folds too.

Benzo is the worst thing for fybromygia. It actually can cause it even you don't have it before. It Sid to me when I got parodoxical effects in my later tapering.

After I'm completely off, the fybromygia pain has gradually changing in both intensity and frequency. It still can be very painful sometimes but other times more like burning pain or electric buzzling which I believe a milder form of pins and needles.

You may want to try low glutamate diets. After jumping, I reacted to many food items containing high glutamate with life threatening sx including seizure, mini heart attack, vertigo, severe burning, and many others. The restrict diet seems help with the reaction as well as fybromygia. I'm still early on the new diet and hope over time this most horrible sx will subside

Thank you all for responding. My Mri-scan thankfully came back negative. So that's a relief. But the suffering continues. Because I have IBS as well, I' m already on a rather restricted diet. I try to stay away from high glutamate foods as well. Nothing seems to help much. Boy, it's so hard to keep hope things will be OK again somewhere in the future. Being extremely sensitive I notice the smallest cuts immediately. It is said that's not possible,  but I notice it constantly. So there's still a long long way to go... :(