Can someone please help?

[pu...]

Im 9 months off.

I’ve posted a couple of msgs like this with no response.

History of major depression and severe anxiety. Long before benzos.

I understand antimedication sentiment. After all I’ve been through and all everyone else has been through here.

My depression got dangerous last weekend. For my own health and safety, i need to consider taking an SSRI again. Been on and off them and throughout my life. But never since benzo wd.

Apart from remeron (which I know is not an SSRI), can you all tell me your experiences with starting an SSRI several months out please?

I hope you will respond bc I am really in need of some anecdotal reference points here.

Please.

Thanks.

I’m in the same boat. I also have been struggling with mood most of my life and had benzo symptoms before benzos. I’m new to drugs but I just started Remeron to try and help stabilize me. I’m sorry can’t be much help.

Thanks for replying.

Often times, no one even replies when I make mention of an SSRI.

I hope someone who has tried one several months out can give us some insight.

It’s hard to get the “right” answer. I had to add Remeron due to extreme symptoms and life circumstances as well as family pressure. Honestly everyone is different and so are their circumstances.  Like I said before, I have untreated mood issues that I now find myself on these drugs. I hope I made the right choice with Remeron. I don’t want to be on these drugs and hope and pray for my old mood issues that I could handle. I had some pretty extreme symptoms for years after my anxiety attack. DR, depression, phobias, physical issues etc. The symptoms of withdrawal are even beyond that for me. I pray to God every day that I make the right choices for my healing.

Hey Purpleheart, I am very sorry you are struggling so.  If you moved your question to Post Recovery

Support thread, I believe you would get more people reading it and hopefully some answers to lead you in right direction. 

Just go back to the Homepage and scroll down.  Good luck  :), Mary

Hey Purpleheart, I am very sorry you are struggling so.  If you moved your question to Post Recovery

Support thread, I believe you would get more people reading it and hopefully some answers to lead you in right direction. 

Thanks Mary

Thanks Mary

💜

Has anyone in this thread had any success with Remeron?

I tried it in month 4. I can’t say whether or not it would have helped long term. It was too early out. I know for sure that i couldn’t control my eating when I was on it. It might have helped the depression slightly. I only took 7.5 mgs

I wish I could take an SSRI that might help.

I’m in the same boat. I also have been struggling with mood most of my life and had benzo symptoms before benzos. I’m new to drugs but I just started Remeron to try and help stabilize me. I’m sorry can’t be much help.

Same here. Depression a d antidepressants on and off. Now im really bad and i think i need antidepresaants to survive. I feel really bad. No words to descibe it. I was told that those who were on antidepressants for a few times already need to be for them lifetime. I really hope its not true. I hope psychotherapy will help. But i dont know where to look for researches that would convince that antidepresants are not an answer. I saw therories that chemical imbalance is a myth. But cant find anything talking about repetitive depression and that antidepressants are not the best option. How to libe withouthem if i really feel bad and psychotherapy, even if will work, need alot of time.  Im sorry u feel that bad. Im in deep painful depression from morning to nightime since a few days. Before i didnt feel to good but its wasnt so bad like now :(((( And no help from anywhere. No docs or therapists on weekedns. Nobody to call for help in the nightime. If u go to the ER they will give u benzo. We have no help from anywhere. At least here in Europe.

Same here. Depression a d antidepressants on and off. Now im really bad and i think i need antidepresaants to survive. I feel really bad. No words to descibe it. I was told that those who were on antidepressants for a few times already need to be for them lifetime. I really hope its not true. I hope psychotherapy will help. But i dont know where to look for researches that would convince that antidepresants are not an answer. I saw therories that chemical imbalance is a myth. But cant find anything talking about repetitive depression and that antidepressants are not the best option. How to libe withouthem if i really feel bad and psychotherapy, even if will work, need alot of time.  Im sorry u feel that bad. Im in deep painful depression from morning to nightime since a few days. Before i didnt feel to good but its wasnt so bad like now :(((( And no help from anywhere. No docs or therapists on weekedns. Nobody to call for help in the nightime. If u go to the ER they will give u benzo. We have no help from anywhere. At least here in Europe.

I know what you mean. Like, I’m yo the point where I’m so down that I don’t even care if I have to be on an SSRI from now for the rest of my life. I just really want to find one I can start and tolerate well NOW.

I’ve been in psychotherapy for a long time. Pre and post benzo. It helps, but not enough without an antidepressant, for me

I’ve been in psychotherapy for a long time. Pre and post benzo. It helps, but not enough without an antidepressant, for me

U were never told by your doctor that u need antidepressants for lifetime since u were on and of them for a few times already?

And how are u feeling now days? Any better?

U were never told by your doctor that u need antidepressants for lifetime since u were on and of them for a few times already?

No, I don’t ever remember a physician telling me that. I was off and on the due to both lapses in medical insurance coverage and poor judgment.

I’m improving. Waking up in a panic at night still and bad morning too. Still have tinnitus, heart palps, cog fog

How are you feeling

No, I don’t ever remember a physician telling me that. I was off and on the due to both lapses in medical insurance coverage and poor judgment.

I’m improving. Waking up in a panic at night still and bad morning too. Still have tinnitus, heart palps, cog fog

How are you feeling

Not good at all. In the night time some better. Already thinking how will i survive tomorrow.

Took my benzo so they also aliviate depressin symptoms. Have to manage somehow til i see my doctor and get the meds. Also starting therapy on Tuesday.

Did u go to a therapist?

How are you feeling

Not good at all. In the night time some better. Already thinking how will i survive tomorrow.

Took my benzo so they also aliviate depressin symptoms. Have to manage somehow til i see my doctor and get the meds. Also starting therapy on Tuesday.

Did u go to a therapist?

Yeah I see a therapist. It helps.

I'm not experiencing depression nearly as bad now as I was a year ago. A year ago I was six months off and was scared to be alone because of the depression. Now I don't feel that way even though I still feel pretty down about my situation. I'm dealing with anger at my family and other people for no reason other than I don't like dealing with stress and responsibilities. I sometimes feel like tearing up when dealing with this feeling of anger or stress. I'm actually starting to wonder how much of it is withdrawal anymore and how much is just struggling with circumstances. I'm a new dad.

My daughter is approaching three years old. I'm doing the best I can.

I haven't started any medications.

I'm not experiencing depression nearly as bad now as I was a year ago. A year ago I was six months off and was scared to be alone because of the depression. Now I don't feel that way even though I still feel pretty down about my situation. I'm dealing with anger at my family and other people for no reason other than I don't like dealing with stress and responsibilities. I sometimes feel like tearing up when dealing with this feeling of anger or stress. I'm actually starting to wonder how much of it is withdrawal anymore and how much is just struggling with circumstances. I'm a new dad.

My daughter is approaching three years old. I'm doing the best I can.

I haven't started any medications.

I hope you continue to improve bbb.

I am so sick with an upper respiratory infection right now.

How are you feeling

Did u go to a therapist?

You said u go to a therapist and then i asked again the same question. Sorry but my head is i dont know where. In some very sad place :(

I went to the therapist today. Asked for my.past ect. I told her my story and things heppened to me. She said if it all happened to her she would have depression for sure too. I have hopes she will help to reduce the depression and panic attacks. Now waiting for a visit to a psychiatrist and for some antidepressants. I really dont like the idea of taking them but im in reall deep shit.

How are you feeling

Did u go to a therapist?

You said u go to a therapist and then i asked again the same question. Sorry but my head is i dont know where. In some very sad place :(

I went to the therapist today. Asked for my.past ect. I told her my story and things heppened to me. She said if it all happened to her she would have depression for sure too. I have hopes she will help to reduce the depression and panic attacks. Now waiting for a visit to a psychiatrist and for some antidepressants. I really dont like the idea of taking them but im in reall deep shit.

I understand where you’re at. I’m in the same boat.

Now I’ve git this upper respiratory infection, and it’s making all my wd symptoms flare up. First infection I’ve had in wd. I feel like shit.

I need to quit my job.

• Popular Now

• [Lo...]