Ativan taper or crossover help

[La...]

Hello All

I'm new to this forum and I'm extremely happy that I found it. However, it's heartbreaking to me that so many people are experiencing the same kind of stuff that I'm dealing with right now  :-[

Last year my doctor put me on Ativan for severe anxiety. For past 2 month i've been taking 0.5mg once a day and I still had some anxiety but I was able to manage somehow. Few days ago I started feeling sick 5-6 hours after the last dose (restless legs, pacing back and forth till 5 am, the usual "fun stuff") so I decided to cut 0.5 in half and take 0.25 in am and 0.25 pm not to experience those awful symptoms and keep functioning throughout the day.

Im looking for an advice on how to taper off 0.5mg of Ativan effectively. What is the best approach here? Substitute Ativan with Valium and slowly taper off that, or keep taking Ativan and keep cutting down the dose? Any suggestions will be deeply appreciated !!!

You could do a DLMT...direct liquid micro taper.  Reach out to fellow buddy @builder.  He can guide you well on how to begin and your preferred taper rate.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...