What diseases/disorders do healed people question they had during recovery?

[...]

I not only thought I had these symptoms but benzos caused these symptoms andsyndromes:  mild heart attack, spinal meningitis like episode, hypothyroidism, severe dermatitis, akathisia, peripheral neuropathy, elevated interocular pressure in both eyes, photophobia, phonophobia, loss of all hormonal levels, imbalance issues, gluten intolerance, dry mouth, taste alterations and metallic taste in my mouth, migraine headaches and pressure headaches, depression,

anxiety, agoraphobia.  I was tested for every disease in the book except leprosy!!  Nothing, nadda except finally hypothyroidism and low hormone levels but nothing else positive.

I could go on but just to let you know most of these resolved or have become markedly better and I am 4 months post

jumping of 2 mg clonazepam a day for 17 years.

I hope this helps you understand that symptoms can be all over the board and we're all as different as snowflakes

in benzo withdrawal.

Best of luck in healing.

Klonkar

" As different as snowflakes.."  Good one Klonkar!

I have family members that needed hip replacements, heart attacks, diabetes, MS and yes, a brain tumor (maternal grandmother).  At one point (different times) in this withdrawal/tolerance process I was 100% CONVINCED that I had one of these ailments.  In addition to NOT having any of these - I no longer have gluten intolerance, was "cured" of hemachromatosis (excess iron in the blood), not have a single issue with my heart in over 6 months, am now practicing yoga with NO pain in my hip or back joint (I have a lingering nerve pain in my left leg) and (just checked again) NO trembling in my hands.

It was Benzo Withdrawals! What I now call Benzo Brain Injury Syndrome.

Leslie:  Love "Benzo Brain Injury Syndrome"!!

I'm so happy you have healed so much and hope your leg nerve pain goes away very soon!!  I don't have high expectations to heal soon, but

things are progressively better.  I'm now on a kid level roller coaster with ups and downs but feel if I keep making progress that one day I'll be a 100%

better and can leave the carnival!!

Thanks for the positive post :smitten:

Klonkar

• 1 month later...

I had an MRI of my brain which showed a lesion that was "worrisome" for Multiple Scelorsis. Right around then is when I cold turkeyed off Ativan, and I started to experience weird numbness and tingling on my body -- it completely freaked me out!

I also suddenly developed insomnia and night sweats, and I thought maybe I was entering menopause (I am 43).

Thank God I found this site -- after reading a bit here, I realized that all my weird symptoms could be explained by BWD!

• 10 months later...

Good idea for a thread.

I hope more old timers will co ex and post to give ppl comfort.

I won’t list mine but so far everything ruled out apart spinal & jaw joints degeneration (being made much worse by WD) and dystonia.

All blood tests and lumbar puncture clear.

Bipolar disorder. Hypomania. Treatment-resistant depression.  :pokey: to that psychiatrist. It was all withdrawal from benzos!!!!! And thanks a lot for putting me on drugs to "cure" those bogus mental ills.

Grrr,

Katz

Alzheimer/demenzia, multiple sclerosis, madness, demon possession, spine and joints deteroration, fatal insonnia.. Maybe I'm forgetting the worst..  they are TOTALLY gone now!!!  :D I mean, they were never true, but I have only few symphtoms now, I'm fine  :)

• 1 month later...

'Addison's disease' as my adrenal function isn't working properly, but my immune system isn't attacking my body.

They have found no medical reason why they shouldn't be.

My ACTH levels are off the chart, and my pituitary gland is working 3X the norm....

Benzo's maybe?

The doctors are re running the tests as the Lead consultant confirmed something is not 'right' here.

:idiot:

(I hid my benzo miss use from my doctors.

But I had no idea foolishly what they were doing to my body.

I thought they were harmless and helped me to sleep.)

AJZ

• 4 weeks later...

Im not 100% healed but ive been very good for last 6 months or so and can function 95% of time without major issues.

lots of caveats in that sentence sorry, such is benzo recovery.

i thought i had heart issues mainly something called cardiomegaly, also aortic rupture. hernias, brain tumor

Nerve Damage of some unknown cause. this is a big one, i still really believe this in alot of ways.

abdo issues I thought i had gall bladder disease, appendicitis, bowel cancer.