Ketamine

[sm...]

Seems to do wonders for some people, didn't do anything to lift my depression. Was a good trip though! Felt pretty shitty after I came down - like I sort of had the flu. Not for everyone but seems pretty harmless if anyone wants to give it try.

• 2 weeks later...
It helped me a lot but sometimes it didn't I guess. I had it on hand and used it intranasally in a powdered crystalline form, so no experience with infusions in a clinical setting. It definitely helps with benzo depression used in small amounts. The key is using small amounts over a period of 12 hours in order to not get too high which may be the case in the clinic because they want to get you in and get you out. It brings stillness and serenity. Like being in a canoe in the middle of a still pond by yourself under a peaceful serene moon. I eventually hope to get to use it again for personal growth.

Guys its very very difficult to overcome benzo depression by using an anti-d med. The damage done to the wiring, causing depression may or may not be helped with one. Its rare to hear " i took and anti-d" and i felt better...unfortunately we need time time time for the brain to self correct itself and rewire etc.

I was EXTREME depression. I was bed ridden 17 hrs a day for 3 years. I never left house and was incapable of taking care of myself. I tried many many meds trying to help myself but never got any relief.

I have been through TMS and ECT. NO HELP.

Then guess what.....after time...i got relief and it lifted and believe i NEVER EVER EVER thought it would. When ur bed ridden 3 years wasting away and never even leave the house...its easy to lose hope who wouldnt.

"I was EXTREME depression. I was bed ridden 17 hrs a day for 3 years. I never left house and was incapable of taking care of myself. I tried many many meds trying to help myself but never got any relief.

Then guess what.....after time...i got relief and it lifted and believe i NEVER EVER EVER thought it would. When ur bed ridden 3 years wasting away and never even leave the house...its easy to lose hope who wouldnt."

I've been in a freaking nightmare for the last 3 years and no end in sight. But seeing you are saying here, gives me hope!

Guys its very very difficult to overcome benzo depression by using an anti-d med. The damage done to the wiring, causing depression may or may not be helped with one. Its rare to hear " i took and anti-d" and i felt better...unfortunately we need time time time for the brain to self correct itself and rewire etc.

I was EXTREME depression. I was bed ridden 17 hrs a day for 3 years. I never left house and was incapable of taking care of myself. I tried many many meds trying to help myself but never got any relief.

Then guess what.....after time...i got relief and it lifted and believe i NEVER EVER EVER thought it would. When ur bed ridden 3 years wasting away and never even leave the house...its easy to lose hope who wouldnt.

Im going through what you went through to an extent. Im so traumatized and terrified. Ive only been battling for 8 months but it feels like 8 years. I still have a long way to go in my taper. I just dont know how I can continue to hold on when I literally have nothing left. I just stare at the walls in my bedroom and cry.

I'm not sure you should be telling folks that it's not easy to overcome benzo depression by using  an anti-depressant. (unless you have scientific literature to back that up and/or you're a specialized physician).  JMHO.  ::)  Everyone's experience is different.

In my experience (and it's my humble experience)  I was depressed long before I was put on Diazepam.  I was prescribed Citalopram.  My depression lifted.  Then, another trauma... I started drinking again, daily, while taking prescription pain meds for chronic pain.  Naturally, the AD stopped doing what it's supposed to do.  Then I was prescribed the Diazepam for severe post traumatic stress anxiety/panic.  (long story getting through all of that).  Fast forward to now...  I'm almost 15 months sober, taking no pain meds, no diazepam,  walking for exercise, eating properly, and taking a small dose of Citalopram.  It works for me.  When I first stopped drinking and was tapering off the pain meds, I was very depressed.  Then, when I started tapering off the Benzo, I was, again, very depressed.  My psychiatrist started me on the Citalopram (again) near the end of my taper off the diazepam.  By the time I jumped, the AD dose was lowered to where it is now, and I am feeling better, emotionally, than I have in a very long time. I don't think I would have been able to jump had I not been taking the Citalopram.  JMHO.  I probably won't need the AD forever, but I'm fine with taking it.  I finally see a light at the end of a very traumatic dark, long tunnel.  :smitten:

• 1 month later...

No ill intent meant. Speaking from my years of dealing with it and what I have seen others post here. Its not easy for many, or so they have posted.