HRT shortages in the UK, question for american women

[jo...]

Hi

There are serious estrogen only patch shortages in the UK, all pharmacies are running out.

I take 75mcg estrogen only patch and 200 micronized progesterone capsules.

I cannot go without my patches,  I was wondering if I could ask any american women if they could buy me some patches and I will send the money plus postage.

The shortages are predicted to last until october 2020.

I cannot go without my estrogen as I get really bad bed soaking flushes and really bad irritable bowel syndrome, also, its benzo related as estrogen cancells out progesterone, so if I don't have estrogen to balance out progesterone, it will be like an increase in progesterone and more havoc for my GABA receptors.

Sorry to make such a request.

Thanks

Hi

There are serious estrogen only patch shortages in the UK, all pharmacies are running out.

I cannot go without my patches,  I was wondering if I could ask any american women if they could buy me some patches and I will send the money plus postage.

I cannot go without my estrogen as I get really bad bed soaking flushes and really bad irritable bowel syndrome, also, its benzo related as estrogen cancells out progesterone, so if I don't have estrogen to balance out progesterone, it will be like an increase in progesterone and more havoc for my GABA receptors.

Thanks

hi

who makes/manufactures these patches? why are they running out? did the manufacturer go out of business? surely there are other manufacturers who would pick up where the shortages are? did a warehouse burn down?

i use estradiol transdermal patches 2x a week 0.1mg/day made by Mylan

NDC 0378-4640-16

This is such an ironic twist:  I use transdermal estrogen gel (Estrogel in USA, Oestrogel in the UK) and there's a shortage of that in the USA. For both availability and less cost, I get my gel through onlinepharmaciescanada and have it sent directly to me from the UK!  I used to use the patches (can't live/function without my estrogen) but find the gel wonderful....no rash, just a daily application.  One pump is the equivalent of 0.75 mg of estradiol I believe.  Might want to talk to your doctor about this. The other advantage is that a canister of the Oestrogel is larger and has more dosages than the form manufactured in the states.

These patches are prescription-only, or at least they were when I was using them. It’s against the law to give or sell prescriptions in the US.  Hopefully your country will get a better supply soon. What a predicament to be in...I’m so sorry.

Hi

Thanks

Journey,

Hystersisters.com is a great website for women and they may be able to give you some info. I know there are many sisters from the UK, Australia and the US on there. Hope this helps and I sure hope you can your Estradiol.

• 5 months later...

This is such an ironic twist:  I use transdermal estrogen gel (Estrogel in USA, Oestrogel in the UK) and there's a shortage of that in the USA. For both availability and less cost, I get my gel through onlinepharmaciescanada and have it sent directly to me from the UK!  I used to use the patches (can't live/function without my estrogen) but find the gel wonderful....no rash, just a daily application.  One pump is the equivalent of 0.75 mg of estradiol I believe.  Might want to talk to your doctor about this. The other advantage is that a canister of the Oestrogel is larger and has more dosages than the form manufactured in the states.

Hi

Sorry for the late reply, how does a canadian website send you stuff from the UK?

I am in the UK

I got oestrodose but a menopause support forum in the uk give some bad reviews about it so I am nervous of using it.

My sister got me patches from spain but they expire in May

My patch manufacturer is supposed to be re stocking in March, so fingers crosssed, my pharmacist has given me an IOU slip so I will check if they have the patches in then, dunno if they will be the same, hope so.

I'm interested in this onlinepharmaciescanada though, so I will have a look as I am in the uk and maybe they will send me some.

Thanks to the other ladies who replied to my post, sorry for the late reply.