Hair Loss !

[...]

A new symptom appears as the time passes. I'm suddenly experiencing Hair loss. I wonder if its related to Benzo. My hairs are falling more than usual.

Any one experienced this symptom before? Going to a dermatologist to check the issue. :-[

I had it.. back thicker to point can do twisted locs now...longer goatee as well. Eyebrows back thick

Benzos affect every part of the body...

There's a condition called telogen effluvium which is the rapid shedding of hair following a stressful event. Women can get it after pregnancy. There's no doubt benzo withdrawal is stressful to say the least leading to hair loss. Your dermatologist is probably going to recommend Rogaine, but really only time reverses it. It's not permanent

I'm a lot stressed out nowadays I was critically ill for about one week. But I've been ill for about 7 months. May be its badly effecting my health/

I first experienced thinning of hair after benzos but never paid any attention until recently when the started to fall.

I wonder if its permanent damage. My mother says take almonds and use Mustard oil.

May be I'm not ready for more drugs as the may have more side effects.

Benzos have caused so much pain.  :'(

Yes!!

I'm not sure if the benzos are to blame in this case because I also have Hashimotos disease (an autoimmune thyroid condition) which can cause hair loss. Though I never had issues with hair loss prior to benzo withdrawal, so who knows.

I have been taking diatomaceous earth for the past couple of weeks and I've noticed little shoots of hair popping out where I was nearly bald before. Some people say it's useless but some people swear by it and I've found that it works for me as far as hair and nails.

Hair loss seems pretty common, esp if reductions come as a shock and hit one hard...  For ME it wasnt just benzos, other reductions played their role, and at a bad point I was losing chunks of scalp, and my toe nails went all “chalky” and some fell out with the slightest of “wiggles”.. -worse on my foot with nerve damage, so dont “expect” this to happen to you... My remaining big toe nail has lines from each med discontinuation or big “event”, much like growth rings in a tree...  I also have a line through my teeth but I think that relates more to my accident trauma 10 yrs ago..??

I did find B12 helped, but I also have to be cautious with taking that, -it seems to make me “jittery”...

The good news is that these things rectified pretty quick each time, and I have a good head of hair again...

Hope something in that helps.. -Again, pls dont expect all this...

WD can affect many/all?? body systems, so thyroid issues are not off limits either, IMO..

:)

• 4 weeks later...

Will the hair regrow after some time if its benzo related?

I'm losing hair rapidly and I cannot find any help.

Dermatologist wants me on Vitamins but my Kidneys cannot take it more. I feel bad when I take Vitamins.

What can I do to stop hair loss. Its scaring me a lot.

I wish I rather have died rather than taking that Xanax pill.

May God curse the one ho created Benzos.

:-[

Raiz...I lost a LOT of hair while on the klon and then much worse during my rapid taper.  Could actually see lots of scalp back in February and had a part that was 3/4" wide.  Hair texture changed too, very dry, and what was left seemed to stop growing for a while.

But it's growing back now.  Can't see the scalp anymore and it's filling in good.  The body will start straightening everything out eventually.  Many people on the forum told me they lost hair too but that it grew back.  Weight loss and hair loss are fairly common sx.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, my hair is now falling out again. It stopped for 10 months and now it is falling out again. Oh well, it grew back the last time, and I am sure it will again.... freaks me out though....

Yeah, chey....it is totally freaky.  Do you notice it falls more when anxiety is higher?  That was my pattern.

Ah well, I saved a lot of money on hair color  :)

I really haven't felt more anxiety.... well how would I really know? The burning buns are back with a vengeance. Several years my feet burned and I blamed it on my shoes. It was before I realized what a benzo was and what  tolerance was. The burning comes and goes and it is uncomfortable.  I have two months left of this taper.  Hopefully, I won't  suffer too much after my jump. It is awful to lose my hair again but knowing it will come back makes it not so bad. At least I haven't had to go to an ER and I still have the dog and my husband.

Chey...you mean burning buns...like literally you're butt???  :-\  Doesn't sound like much fun.  Yeah, at least no emergency room visits...funny how benzos change things on the gratitude list!!!  Dogs and husbands are good....    I'm rooting for you with your taper.  Not much longer!

I had a lot of burning sensations too.  And my scalp always felt like it was on fire and horribly itchy.  I had hubs get the flashlight and have a look cuz I was convinced I had bugs or something.  Yikes.

ptsd...hope you're rocking that buzz cut.  I sort of wish I had the guts to do that back in the day when it was falling.

Eggplant...about the diatomaceous earth...I hear it has lots of silica, which is good for hair.  Bamboo has a lot too.  And horsetail.  I learned that with horsetail tincture, it's best to use the alcohol tincture because horsetail has something in - thiaminase - that blocks thiamine.  The alcohol deactivates it.

Can't - For sure, fingernails can show body trauma!

Yes my butt burns. Nothing else burns and I think perhaps sitting on it alot might not help. I watch alot of politics to keep me occupied. Thank God at least for me I have a constant freak show to watch.  >:D

Ok...I will resist the urge to make comments about hot buns and such.  Brave soul for watching politics!!!  But it can be very entertaining.

I've reached the age where looking in the mirror is like checking the news (or watching politicians).  I know there will be some developments I won't like.

Gawd...when will this end...the light at the end of the tunnel must have been turned off by budget cuts...by those rascal politicians.

• Like 1

Mine are still falling and I'm very concerned now. Looks like I'm going to have no hairs in two months.

I was thinking thay it may be due to season change but I dont think so. Using a biotin shampoo but its not helping either.

Evey time I run fingers in my hairs one two hairs come out.

Hairs are all over my workplace, my laptop, my bedroom ...

>:(

Hey it's me again. It seems to have quit falling out. It only fell out for about a week this time. Hopefully it won't  start up again ::)

Have you seen any new hair growth?