Author Topic: Meeting People  (Read 9087 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Meeting People
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2011, 05:30:00 am »
[...],

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with a member here.

I wanted to add earlier that if you don't reach out to the blogs, you could check out the off topic section. There are posts on movies, music, pets, sports..various other stuff. That way, if you just want to chit chat and not focus on the benzo stuff you have another option. :)

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2011, 05:36:29 am »
Yeah I forgot there was an offtopic area here.  I actually ran/run a site where all of the forums are general discussion types because that's indeed what I like.  My site became basically dead as everyone left though so I've defnitely been looking for other sites to post about general things on until I figure out a way to get my sites back on track.

By the way the member I was referring to left the site or I may not have even mentioned it.  And she kept saying all these things i felt I eneded to respond to then she got mad I emailed her to respond when she kept emailing saying things that eneded responses.  ahhhhhhhh.  Anyway.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2011, 06:29:15 pm »
Anddddd yet more women on that dating site ignoring me.  It eventually makes me stop contacting anyone because if you're rejected EVERY time then why bother.  Either they must think I'm ugly or too old.  Who knows.  A lot of times people emssage on that site just looking for friends, so that makes it even more depressing when people ignore because they apparently think you're so horrible you're not worth getting an answer to some simple question.  lol  I'm going to end up being 100 years old and never having got serious with anyone.

[Buddie]

« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2011, 02:35:26 am »
Blah.  This one girl I met on another site similar to this has ignored me for literally months.  In the past she has done similar thigns then out of nowhere when SHE has a reason she will IM me and act like she likes me again.  I really should just delete her now.  I guess it's just a reminder that some people posting on sites regarding their mental struggles may have some other issues.  She really makes no sense.  one day she acts all nice then suddenly for months she ignores me when I IM her.  She practically begged me to date her in the past.

[Buddie]

« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2011, 09:14:12 pm »
[...],

Sometimes...you have to do what Larry the Cable guy says..

and GET ER DONE!

Hang in there dude. :)

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2011, 09:29:19 pm »
Get out of your house, get a job, and stay off the computer for a while. You need to make some moves and stop avoiding life if you are not suffering any w/d symptoms.

I just read through your blog and noticed that you hardly ever mention benzo w/d and everything is about meeting a girl or dating or meeting new people. How the heck are ya gonna do that by staying home ?  Maybe you should seek some counseling to help with meeting new people and meeting girls.  Just a thought...couldn't hurt right ? I see a therapist and many other people see them for different reasons. They can be a great help.  I mean...so far you are still in the same position. So maybe trying a different approach would be a good idea.

Make yourself a promise to get out and meet people. Getting a job would gaurantee meeing new people and getting paid ...that way you feel a sense of accomplishment and self confidence. Give it try.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2011, 09:49:31 pm »
Get out of your house, get a job, and stay off the computer for a while. You need to make some moves and stop avoiding life if you are not suffering any w/d symptoms.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:  right on, [...]!

[Buddie]

« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2011, 01:17:58 am »
[...], I go to group therapy and have gone to some therapists over the years, but they really end up not doing much.  I talk a lot and interact with people in group, but it hasn't translated into much in the real world.  A lot of my problem is when I do get out situations don't come up where I talk much to anyone.  So if I do get out more it's just me going out and being bored trying to figure out something to do and nobody interacting.  I do agree about the job, but it sure never seems any easier to make that move.  I have some people interested in me doing work for them online, but that of course doesn't get me out around people.

Yeah I don't mention withdrawal much anymroe because I "think" most symptoms are finally gone.  However some of my normal life symptoms are thigns which withdrawal sufferers deal with also so I still post here some and also occasioanlly do post about others' symptoms.

I just think it's sad how many people act like friends and really aren't.  On here, in real life, wherever.  It sucks to have to just up and delete someone I've been supposedly good friends with for 4 or 5 years online, but I'm tired of dealing with her and if she can't be mature enough to answer an IM for months then why bother with her.  It's ALWAYS me IMing first.  She freakin asked me to MOVE TO HER STATE a couple months ago and then  the evry enxt day ignored my IMs yet again.

[Buddie]

« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2011, 12:28:07 pm »
Just to claridy... I say I have no symptoms, but some days I oddly am impulsive and making weird choices and obsessive.  So i don't know if that's a lingering effect or what exactly.

[Buddie]

« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2011, 12:29:39 am »
[...], I have to agree with [...]. Since what you are doing right now isn't working for you,  its time to shake things up and try something new. I would get out there and try and find a job and you will surely meet people. I know office romances and friendships are very common! Just give it a try, what do you have to lose?