Author Topic: Meeting People  (Read 8927 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Meeting People
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 11:32:44 pm »
Andddd still great.  But the absolute boreom is liekly why I soon go downhill again.  I am sitting here doing NOTHING and so frustrated to not be utilizing my gifts and good feelings to do something interesting.

When I am bored, I go do something interesting. What is stopping you?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 01:11:49 am »
Because nothing interests me.  Simple as that.  I ened to find new interests.  I still do things that are fun to some extent, but the same things as I've done for years.  I want to walk somewhere interesting where I look forward to going there.  But nothing draws me to it.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 01:23:03 am »
I don't have too many things that interest me. Actually, I have been doing the same things for years to keep me occupied.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 02:05:51 am »
Now today I felt extremely great.  So weird how easily I can change.  I don't think it's benzo related.  I've just been that way a lot because I finally have something snap me out of feeling bad.  I guess this time it was exercise and visiting my parents and talking to some girl online... all got me back to normal.

I can understand the cause for you feeling better. When I have contact with people I also do. I think you´re very lonely and in need of contact.

Elke

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 04:28:34 am »
Yeah.  Hopefully I'll soon do what it takes to socialize.  So many years of shyness and being happy inside eld to it being hard to change though.  Practically everything points to me joining the athletic club if nothing else.  Recreation, exercise, and HOPEFULLY would eventually be comfortable around people.  So that, volunteering, church, and job are pretty much all I can think of at the moment.

I honestly have the ability to be VERY happy and I think I am a likeable person who could give to others whether it be friendship or dating.  But somehow making it go from potential to action is what i need to figure out.

I honestly think all this crap is only making me better off in the long run.  Years of fighting it and being FORCED to change my thinking is going to have me very knowledgable and wiser in handling things.  Most people would think someone "wasted thie life" doing what I've done, but I wouldn't change the inactivity of the past.  Just as long as I do eventually have the wife and kids and all that then I will be happy and not wish I did something sooner really.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 08:16:47 pm »
It's actually scary how confident I feel right now.  If I would keep this attitude and be around the right people I would accomplish what Iw ant socially.  I'm not sure exactly how I've got myself feeling this way, but only thing I'm not confident about is my looks in general... although that's a big deal since women choose only based on looks and money.  Yeah they want personality, but only after they get some guy who looks perfect and is a millionaire.  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2010, 01:10:21 am »
although that's a big deal since women choose only based on looks and money.  Yeah they want personality, but only after they get some guy who looks perfect and is a millionaire.  :)

Your kidding me? You actually believe this?

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2010, 03:41:30 pm »
Your kidding me? You actually believe this?
Pretty much.  There are exceptions, but usually women  do seem to judge a lot more than men do.  Thus why on dating sites I'm not contacted too much and most every woman's "friends" are shirtless guys who worked on their abs.  From what I see over and voer it's pretty clear that despite men being stereotyped as judging on looks it's actually women doing it more than men.  I'll see tons of women who don't look good get flirted with and only the best looking guys do.

And as far as money it's pretty obvious on that too.  Rarely someone may want to date just tod ate and see what happens.  But usually they're automatically assuming negative things if you don't have a good job currently.  Many judge on what the job is, not just whether you have one.  And heck now women seem to go after sex even more than guys too.

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2010, 10:36:49 pm »
You're obviously not happy in your own skin because if you were, you wouldn't be talking like this. I bet your problem is self esteem because money and 6 pack abs are not the only way to get a woman. I don't know if your watching too much Bravo TV because your perception is wrong.

Chemistry my friend. If there is no chemistry, there is no relationship.

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2010, 10:49:58 pm »
You're obviously not happy in your own skin because if you were, you wouldn't be talking like this. I bet your problem is self esteem because money and 6 pack abs are not the only way to get a woman. I don't know if your watching too much Bravo TV because your perception is wrong.

Chemistry my friend. If there is no chemistry, there is no relationship.

I can't help but add here to this..  chemistry indeed.   Benzos = brain chemistry wackoland.   Thus one's chemistry while withdrawing from benzos might be too bonkers and acidic to mix with someone's base.  ::)