Please Jim or Builder or someone help me calculate diazepam dose?

[Ba...]

Hi, please help... am kind of guessing tonight!

I was on smidge of clonopin and rest valium.  However, the clon has turned on me I feel horrible if take it. Hoping all valium will work better.

So my .073 mg of clon switching to valium ( figure 1.46 mg of valium).  Together with existing valium, 1.48, will be taking 2.94 mg altogether per day.

Pills are 2 mg, and .169 g in weight.

How do I weigh this out?  How much by weight do I need?

I can't seem to figure out how would weigh out .94 mg valium of the  2 mg pills  by weight, using little scale.

THANKS!  Appreciate any assistance.

If you are taking  the equivalent of .073 of klonopin and switch that amount over to valium that would be 1.46 mg of valium.  .073 x 20= 1.46.  Your calculations are correct.  If you then add 1.48 valium, it would bring you to a total of 2.94 of valium.

The big if would be if you are cutting it and weighing it accurately and taking it in a manner that consistently gets it into your system.  I have no first hand experience with dry cutting other than cutting 2 mg Valium pills in quarters to make .5 mg valium doses  and reducing by that amount.  Since I started the liquid valium things have so been much easier.

I am actually hesitant to talk about it, but I remember reading somewhere that the medication is not evenly distributed in the pill, so I get a little uncertain when it comes to doing more than cutting a pill in half. 

If I remember correctly, you are on 2mg valium pills.  So what you might want to consider doing is taking one whole 2 mg pill and cutting another in half and taking that to bring you to a total of 3 mg.  That isn't much higher than the 2.94 mg that you mentioned, and it might be easier and more accurate.

Thank you for your reply, confused!

You don't sound confused at all... but I totally can't think recently (again).

Yes, one day I should go liquid because you are right, how accurate can this be?

I know someone told me how to do it but have forgotten-- sigh.

Can I PM you if need be how to do it?

For now, yes, 2 mg pills.  So 3 mg is one and a half.  But since getting horrific reactions to benzos I may try to do one 2 mg and 1/2 of a 1/2  (1/4??  Or am I wrong there.

Did you use the liquid valium or make your own?

I would prefer that you not PM me.  It is against board rules to PM someone asking them about tapering.  And it is much better to post on the board  where other people can see it and chime in.  As I said, I don't have any experience with dry cutting with the tiny increments that you are doing.

Are you taking your pills, once or twice a day?

I guess you could take one and a quarter pill two times a day if you are taking your pills twice a day.

Liquid valium/diazepam is what I am taking.  I am diluting it with water at a ratio of 9 ml water to one ml liquid valium.  It is much easier to taper with it than the way that you are doing.  It is easier to do than trying to dry cut tiny amounts the way that you are doing.  You can reduce by smaller amounts more consistently than you can with  I have posted about it elsewhere in response to your questions and can copy that post over here.  I could swear that you posted that you have liquid valium/diazepam. 

I would think the first thing for you to do is to try to get stable on the valium pills and then gradually switch to the liquid valium.

Yes, agree, want to get stable on the valium pills.

I was taking bit of clon usually during day and the valium at night.  But originally took clonopin just at night for sleep.

Sorry did not know not to ask about tapering in PMs.

And I am sure I am forgetting stuff peole have told me... sorry.  Very fuzzed out right now.