Klonopin vs Valium (or Librium?) - trying to taper again

[Qu...]

I'm going to begin (again) a taper off of my 2-3mgs Klonpin (still trying to stabilize). I made it all the way down by c/t and then rapidly (1-2 months) dry cutting, but 4 months into being completely off the akathisia (the last day/night I walked for 36 straight hours) and the despair kept growing and growing. It was an extremely bleak choice.

I'm looking for advice on what I should do now that I want to start again. I want to go slow this time. Should I stick with the K or move to something else (I'm worried about valium since I'm so given to depression, but again, I only know what I've read)? Any advice would be so so so so so appreciated. I basically don't know what I'm doing at all. Last time I just scraped off parts of the klonopin till I had a speck and then stopped.

I would just stick with the K. Remember, you have stabilize after reinstating and not taper right away. I did not allow myself enough time to really feel decent before I started tapering. I posted on your other thread and stated that a Daily Liquid Micro Taper would be the best. It is easy to do. There is a wonderful guy here who is a math expert and he can formulate a taper according to your needs. You should not taper more than 5-10% of your dose. What you want is a smooth ride down with minimal symptoms.

Cold Turkey and rapid tapering usually result in a not so good outcome. The brain is not given a chance to heal as it would with a slow taper with small cuts. I sure wish I had known of a forum back when I C/T. I would have never suffered the way that I did. You really are not starting over, just trying to do it slower and allow yourself to feel better and let your brain heal. Many people have had to reinstate and then stabilize before tapering. There is no rushing this. Only time and a lot of patience. You will get there.

Thank you. I really want to take it slow this time. I'm just sad about all the wasted time. but that's the way it goes I guess.

I would say give it at least a month and see how you feel. If you feel stabile, then you can start a slow and low taper. This time you will be off to a much better start.