My Sleep has Gotten Very Bad Again

[bo...]

My sleep has gotten bad again at 17 months off. It was slowly improving then we moved into a new house and I've started a new job. Since then, it's been terrible. Last night, my sleep tracker said I got half hour of REM sleep and forty minutes of deep sleep. These are very low numbers and I can just tell I've slept badly. The reason I have so much anger and stress intolerance is because my sleep has now been bad for a year and a half and I'm expected to work and take care of a child. I'm really trying not to take sleep aids like antihistamines or the drug Remeron, but I'm not sure I will have a choice much longer. This isn't sustainable. I feel like crying every second or else punching a wall.

I drank tons of chamomile tea. I still double-bag it if I’m in a bad sleep pattern.

Does me no good. If I drink any liquids after 6pm I'm up several times in the night to visit the bathroom.

I’ve had some  success drinking decaffeinated black tea before bed as well as doing some of the other things I write about in my signature. It is difficult to work.  In particular, if your job is full of anxiety.

If you want to research, I looked up remeron and trazodone. Trazodone seems to have less people complaining about wds so I'm taking it. Only 50 mgs. It does have side effect like everything so do your own research.

If you want to research, I looked up remeron and trazodone. Trazodone seems to have less people complaining about wds so I'm taking it. Only 50 mgs. It does have side effect like everything so do your own research.

I agree with Valiumnomore.  Trazodone Worked wonders for me for many years. I really miss it. I had to stop at after about a decade because it was no longer effective. But while it was effective  it was excellent.  Maybe you could use it for a decade or so while you’re still working and then in retirement get off everything.  Cut the pill up and take the smallest amount that has an effect.

I agree with Valiumnomore.  Trazodone Worked wonders for me for many years. I really miss it. I had to stop at after about a decade because it was no longer effective. But while it was effective  it was excellent.  Maybe you could use it for a decade or so while you’re still working and then in retirement get off everything.  Cut the pill up and take the smallest amount that has an effect.

HI Bob7. What dose were you on?

I felt like I slept all night last night or at least from 11:30 to 6:30. I had lots of dreams. So it's clear I sleep better when I don't have to work the next day. I'm really trying to get by without more sleep meds as that's why I'm in the mess I'm in now. I spoke with a hypnotist last night and she said hypnotherapy could help with sleep. It's pretty expensive though.

They prescribed me 100 mg white circulator pills which I cut into 1/4 pieces and I generally could take 1/4 of a piece with good results for many years. Oh there were times when I would take the full 100 mg but often it wasn’t necessary.

I felt like I slept all night last night or at least from 11:30 to 6:30. I had lots of dreams. So it's clear I sleep better when I don't have to work the next day. I'm really trying to get by without more sleep meds as that's why I'm in the mess I'm in now. I spoke with a hypnotist last night and she said hypnotherapy could help with sleep. It's pretty expensive though.

I read you wanted to do hypnosis but it is expensive.  I have used YouTube hypnosis will good results.  Here are some of my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SzdFSDPGfQ&list=PLq27kC29XVsPYeTVPZ_98eduoVWnNvzfz&index=6&t=0s

It works well for me as follows.  About 30 minutes before bed, drink decaffinated black tea while reading a book to reduce anxiety.  Crawl into bed and listen to one of the youtube videos.

They prescribed me 100 mg white circulator pills which I cut into 1/4 pieces and I generally could take 1/4 of a piece with good results for many years. Oh there were times when I would take the full 100 mg but often it wasn’t necessary.

I take 50 mgs.

Who tells you to get by without sleep meds. I remember your pdoc suggested first fluoxetine, then mirtazapine.

I guess mirt is a better solution. Someone here mentioned Trazodone. I couldn't tolerate it.

Fluoxetine is activating in the beginning. I now take it at bedtime. Mirt is much better for sleep.

Insomnia tends to get chronic if it is not treated. The BZD treat insomnia short-term. Mirt is one of the best sleep aids which are not as addictive as the BZD. I guess it is important to break the vicious cycle of insomnia.

You have lots of responsibilities. I think it's good that you have them. It all keeps you going.

I thought it would help me when I could stop working. But this is actually when I fell apart.

Who tells you to get by without sleep meds. I remember your pdoc suggested first fluoxetine, then mirtazapine.

I guess mirt is a better solution. Someone here mentioned Trazodone. I couldn't tolerate it.

Fluoxetine is activating in the beginning. I now take it at bedtime. Mirt is much better for sleep.

Insomnia tends to get chronic if it is not treated. The BZD treat insomnia short-term. Mirt is one of the best sleep aids which are not as addictive as the BZD. I guess it is important to break the vicious cycle of insomnia.

You have lots of responsibilities. I think it's good that you have them. It all keeps you going.

I thought it would help me when I could stop working. But this is actually when I fell apart.

Estee really? You were better off working? I have to work and every day I don't know how I'm going to make it (I'm not even off the crap yet and don't know if I'll ever be)

So I did sleep better last night not having to work today but I don't feel much better at home. It does go to show you that the new job is causing the insomnia. I probably just need some time to adjust.

There’s a lot of people in here that were healed only with time, so I really hope this is not true... there is a support group for mirtazapine withdrawal and the people in there are having a really hard time (some of them said, worst than benzo withdrawal)

Boombox...the key to getting past insomnia is not caring if you sleep or not.  It takes time, but it works for most.  Taking natural supplements could help, but you don't want to become psychologically dependent on those too?  I had a 29 day insomnia only wave at 18 months off.  It will pass and your sleep will even out.

Theway.

When did you notice insomnia improving?

By not caring, do you mean REAKLY not caring like not talking about it , chatting about it , etc, or just not freaking out? I don't freak out anymore about not sleeping since I'm not working, but it's still torture so I'm not liking I'm not really obsessing over I think like I used to.

Ptsdmiracle,

Yes, not talking about it with anyone, not googling it, etc. and yes not freaking out either.  All that does is ensure you won't get any sleep.  If someone brings it up change the subject.  You are early in your WD and can expect insomnia to last for some time.  It starts to get better for most somewhere around month 12-18 although some get better sooner and some take longer.  No way to know for sure. 

Boombox...I am not really back.  I don't have rights to PM so if you need to get a hold of me..go to Facebook and join a group called "Beating Benzos"  I came back here to find some of my older posts instead of recreating them for the FB forum.