Truly turned a corner

[Cr...]

Hey Benzo Warriors,

I have learnt to accept the situation I am in. Yes I have had mini CNS-based seizures in the past, but I'm feeling better from continuing the slower taper. I believe the depression I'm experiencing is definitely chemical-based. It could also be the Paxil still, believe it or not.

Your body tells you when to cut, hold, updose, whatever. This is why Valium is so-called "self-tapering".

I went to the gym for 30 minutes last Wednesday. Nothing huge obviously due to w/d, just a cardio workout with ropes, box jumps, boxing and kettlebell lifts, plus some gym ball crunches.

I took my time and listened to how I felt.

I sat on the box every five minutes and puffed and panted.

I felt terrible afterwards. It was really hard. But I did it.

But you know what?

The day after, I had a "window"!

So, all in all, exercise is paramount to our healing. My psychologist recommended 3x 30m sessions a day (wow, I can't even) but I think when you can exercise, 30m per day is enough.  :thumbsup:

Dave.  8)

I exercise 30 mins a day to try and relieve my depression. I use the rower, run on the treadmill etc. I feel ok afterwards but its no cure for this chemical depression. it somewhat relieves it for a short amount of time afterwards. In terms of anxiety and other related benzo issues im with u on exercising- if doctors could put exercise in a pill everyone would take it

I exercise 30 mins a day to try and relieve my depression. I use the rower, run on the treadmill etc. I feel ok afterwards but its no cure for this chemical depression. it somewhat relieves it for a short amount of time afterwards. In terms of anxiety and other related benzo issues im with u on exercising- if doctors could put exercise in a pill everyone would take it

Hey Feebi86,

I think if you can smash out a 30m session per day, you are already kicking goals! It may not be a cure for the chemical depression, but I think being kind to yourself is the most important thing. I bought a South Adelaide t-shirt just last week, and feel a million times better. Reward yourself!

Dave.  8)

I dont think my dopamine receptors work properly because I never feel anything if I think of rewarding myself in some way. Im just an empty shell trying to fake it until I hopefully make it.. one day whenever that is :,(

I dont think my dopamine receptors work properly because I never feel anything if I think of rewarding myself in some way. Im just an empty shell trying to fake it until I hopefully make it.. one day whenever that is :,(

Hi Feebi86,

I'm really sorry you feel this way. I hope you can find a way to distract or amuse or reward yourself, even if you feel numb to your feelings at the moment. Do you have a favourite song or tune? Maybe you can try that to help pass the time and distract yourself.

Big hugs,

Dave.  8)

:hug:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Benzo Warriors,

I have learnt to accept the situation I am in. Yes I have had mini CNS-based seizures in the past, but I'm feeling better from continuing the slower taper. I believe the depression I'm experiencing is definitely chemical-based. It could also be the Paxil still, believe it or not.

Your body tells you when to cut, hold, updose, whatever. This is why Valium is so-called "self-tapering".

I went to the gym for 30 minutes last Wednesday. Nothing huge obviously due to w/d, just a cardio workout with ropes, box jumps, boxing and kettlebell lifts, plus some gym ball crunches.

But you know what?

So, all in all, exercise is paramount to our healing. My psychologist recommended 3x 30m sessions a day (wow, I can't even) but I think when you can exercise, 30m per day is enough.  :thumbsup:

Dave.  8)

3x a day. That’s a lot of sweaty gym clothes my friend.

Hey Benzo Warriors,

But you know what?

Dave.  8)

3x a day. That’s a lot of sweaty gym clothes my friend.

Do you go three times a day Sloj5?

My psychologist recommended this for me, but I can barely go once a week because of my severely compromised CNS.

Dave.  8)