Is anyone experience 232 zero nights after tapering off? Need help!

[ka...]

Hi, I am benzobuddy from Japan.

I never saw somebody like me who suffers from more than 90 days of zero nights after tapering off.

I am experiencing 232 zero nights after tapering off and almost gave up with this.

Now I am taking diphenhydramine or other non-benzo medicine one every 2 days or 3 days to keep

0 to 120 minutes sleep to survive after middle August.

I am desperate and do not know at all how to recover from benzo destroyed GABA system.

Please give some advice or your experience!

---------------------------------------------

Benzo was prescribed to sleep more than 3 hours deeply for me at the first time. 

2000?-2011: Use  On and off  Halcyon 0.25~0.5mg

Sleep: Sleep OK

2011−2017: Use everyday either shown below(I do not remember precisely)

Sleeping pills

1)Halcyon 0.25 + Etizolam 1.5 + Lunesta 2mg

2)Halcyon 0.25+ Etizolam 1.5 + Zolpidem 10mg

3)Halcyon 0.25 + Lendormin 0.25 + Etizolam 1.5

4) Other combinations...

Sleep: Sleep well → 3 to 4 hours → 0-3 hours → 1 or more zero nights per week

Sleeping pills(Anti Depression medicine)

circadin 2mg

Reflex(Remeron)15-30mg

Deanxit

Seroquel 25mg

Sleep: 2 to 3 zero nights per week with constipation and anxiety

Sleeping pills

1)Halcyon 0.25 + Etizolam 1.5 + Lunesta 2mg

2)Halcyon 0.25+ Etizolam 1.5 + Zolpidem 10mg

3)Halycyon 0.25 + Etizolam 1.5 (in 3 months before tapering )

Sleep: more than 4 zero nights per week with many withdrawal symptoms

2018 July-Dec

Sleeping  pillis

Taper using water by 0.5-1% everyday(Etizolam to Halycyon)

Sleep

First 3 months, Insomnia and health conditions getting better with 0-3 hours sleep everyday

After 3 months, Someday I can sleep less than one hour, other day can not sleep at all.

2019 to Aug 2019

Sleeping pills

I don't take sleeping pills until July, but take Lestamine coz never slept after finishing tapering.

Sleep

232 days of Zero nights in raw

-----------

Then now I suffer from heavy insomnia (I could never slept after finishing tapering ) and heavy shoulder pain with weird squeaking sound.

I would like to know this insomnia will be overcome or not and somebody who experience the same situation. Also I would like to know at longest how long it will take to get even 30 minutes sleep regularly after tapering.

Thank you for reading my profile. Fight together with Benzo!

Hi, I had to cold turkey off Klonopin back in the beginning of June and haven’t had any noticeable sleep since then. Maybe I am having micro sleep that I am not noticing, but it sure doesn’t seem like it. I remember reading posts from another benzo buddy who went a full year without any noticeable sleep and she is now fully recovered. Hang in there and don’t give up. I know it is pure hell, but it will eventually pass and you’ll be all the stronger for it!

Hi, I had to cold turkey off Klonopin back in the beginning of June and haven’t had any noticeable sleep since then. Maybe I am having micro sleep that I am not noticing, but it sure doesn’t seem like it. I remember reading posts from another benzo buddy who went a full year without any noticeable sleep and she is now fully recovered. Hang in there and don’t give up. I know it is pure hell, but it will eventually pass and you’ll be all the stronger for it!

EE75-san

Thank you very much for your encouragement, which help me a lot for me at this time.  :-X :-X :-X:smitten:

I can wait for full year or 2 if I have potentiality to get my zero nights over in the future.

I feel that I never come up with any 10 minutes sleep without sleeping pills, coz I never had natural sleep more than 10 years.

Is the woman who you gave me TMfan? Someone told me she suffers same kind of insomnia.

I am really appreciated your kindness and warm heart.  :) :)

Sorry that you are going thru this. The insomnia sucks. I have had a lot of zero nights last night was another one. Hang in there and dont give up. 

EE75-san

Thank you very much for your encouragement, which help me a lot for me at this time.  :-X :-X :-X:smitten:

I can wait for full year or 2 if I have potentiality to get my zero nights over in the future.

I feel that I never come up with any 10 minutes sleep without sleeping pills, coz I never had natural sleep more than 10 years.

Is the woman who you gave me TMfan? Someone told me she suffers same kind of insomnia.

MTfan is her name. Here is her story. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=219611.0

Konnichiwa kaifuku,

How are you today?

Thinkstopthink-san

I have had about 1 week zero nights even though I had some substitute sleeping pills.

I could be relaxed somehow at least, which is good.

MTfan-san gave me PM to me. She says that zero nights may continue more than one year or two, but I will be better for sure. I was so encouraged and feel a little bit happy. I really appreciated for your buddies's support.  ;) ;)

Kaifuku,

I'm just reading your last post. Am I right in reading that you took some sleeping pills in the last few weeks? If so, I would stay away from anything like that, since it was likely the cause of your extreme insomnia problems in the first place. It seems clear that, whatever the solution is, it isn't those.

Thinkstopthink-san

I have had about 1 week zero nights even though I had some substitute sleeping pills.

MTfan-san gave me PM to me. She says that zero nights may continue more than one year or two, but I will be better for sure. I was so encouraged and feel a little bit happy. I really appreciated for your buddies's support.  ;) ;)

Hi Kaifuku,

I sometimes use sleeping aids myself. After days of getting very little sleep, even some sedated sleep is a welcome relief. I have to be careful not to become too dependent on them though.

The other thing that helps is exercise. It helps me get a little bit more sleep and that sleep is of better quality. Are you exercising?

Kaifuku,

I'm just reading your last post. Am I right in reading that you took some sleeping pills in the last few weeks? If so, I would stay away from anything like that, since it was likely the cause of your extreme insomnia problems in the first place. It seems clear that, whatever the solution is, it isn't those.

Data_guy-san

Thank you for your comments.

Yes, I know what you meant. I am 100% agree with you until in 8 months after tapering, but I can not live like this any more. That is why I came to this forum to find some alternative method to ease my absolute insomnia after tapering off. I have no way to use non-benzo sleeping pills now to survive.

Thinkstopthink-san

Hi Kaifuku,

I sometimes use sleeping aids myself. After days of getting very little sleep, even some sedated sleep is a welcome relief. I have to be careful not to become too dependent on them though.

The other thing that helps is exercise. It helps me get a little bit more sleep and that sleep is of better quality. Are you exercising?

Thinkstopthink-san

Now I try to use non-benzo sleeping pills only 2 to 3 times per week to avoid tolerance.

Concerning exercise, I only run on weekends and no muscle work out, coz my shoulder pain has been worse after tapering off.

EE75-san

MTfan is her name. Here is her story. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=219611.0

Ocean34-san

I read MTfan article, it gave me a great hope and some idea to get over my horrible situation at this present, thank you for your information.

Thinkstopthink-san

Now I try to use non-benzo sleeping pills only 2 to 3 times per week to avoid tolerance.

Concerning exercise, I only run on weekends and no muscle work out, coz my shoulder pain has been worse after tapering off.

Maybe try some yoga before you go to bed?

Have you talked to your doctor about a polysomnogram?

Thinkstopshink-san

Yoga may be good for health but not for my sleep. Anyway I will try.

>Have you talked to your doctor about a polysomnogram?

It did before , but did not work for me.

They just want to conclude that I need CPAP coz they can earn money for it every month, but I rejected and I was right.

I found I have no Apnea syndrome after stopping benzo, no snooze, no throat problem caused apnea like symptoms.

Also I found polysomnogram did not work. I could not sleep with it, so I watch football all night on my phone, but they said I slept for 3 hours.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I never go to hospital for insomnia treatment, only take non-benzo sleeping medicine for emergency.

They have less knowledge and know-how about insomnia than us.

Thinkstopthink-san

Maybe try some yoga before you go to bed?

Have you talked to your doctor about a polysomnogram?

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone!

I inform that I finally fall in sleep for 2 hours without any sleeping pills after 10 months semi zero nights period after tapering off benzo.

After complete zero nights for 8 months , I have taken some weak sleeping aid on and off, which made me to make big progress in recover of withdrawal symptoms. I will detail it later.

I am at Bangkok now to enjoy short holidays now. And I appreciate all your support  ;)

See my post on how acupuncture turned the corner for me. I’m sleeping after four week on acupuncture. Also added a super Green and Moringa green drinks. Stop all other meds and treatments. Waste of time. U-Dream is useful once in a while if no sleep for over a week. I don’t need it anymore either. I did a fast taper and while withdrawals were bad for a month I made it and am sleeping in my own four to five hours a night now!

Thank you for your comments! I am happy to hear that you recover your sleep by acupuncture!

However, I did it for long time but I got no result from it.

Not only acupuncture, but also massage, moxibustion, yoga, chairopractic, .....etc gave no result for me.

Only it may work for me is that taking weak sleeping pills like Diphenhydramine 3 to 4 times a week and decrease frequency of taking medicine.

Kaifuku

I am glad that you are reaching out for advice. Your endurance is remarkable and speaks to how badly you wish to get off of this medication. I know that someone suggested yoga to you. I remember when I would do yoga regularly, a kind called vinyasa flow, that can be done by most people who can walk and move around with some ease, that it helped me greatly for just your problem of insomnia. There are positions that you might not be able to do, or at least not on one side, because of your arm. But every time I would go through these motions, especially if the room was kept relatively warm, I would find myself in a very different state of mind than I began. Each session would end with "dead man's pose" where you are lying peacefully on your back on the matte. It was remarkable how many times I would fall asleep during that pose. And in a room full of other people! So yoga can be helpful not just for general health, but for achieving the relaxation necessary to drift to sleep. I offer this advice to you in the hopes that it may help and the knowledge that it cannot hurt. It's worth a shot!

Here is a link to the kind that I did. I just followed along with what others were doing. Some of the poses I would not be able to do now, so I would do variations. There are many places to find yoga online, but I found this version to be ideal for relaxation and sleep after what felt to my benzo tired body to be a good workout. I resisted yoga for years, but found it to be very helpful during my taper and regretted stopping it when my taper was completed. Many times I would fall asleep right after without even wanting to and with people stepping over me to get their things!