Weight loss

[De...]

I would like to get some feed back on weight loss. I’ve lost fifteen pounds since I started tapering, but especially since I jumped almost five months ago. I went for my annual checkup and my doctor wants to check everything and for me to have another colonoscopy and endoscopy, since I’m also having stomach issues.

I look awfully thin, since I was on the thin side to start with. I saw a photo of myself and I look awful not only thin, but I have aged tremendously.

Any other benzo buddies with these concerns?

Thanks!

Yes, me too. I lost 6 kilos ( 13 pounds) and got 2 kilos back on after consulting a dietitian. Bigger portions, more olive oil with dinners, butter in oatmeal porridge,  a handfull of nuts a couple of times a day, etcetera.

Still just about on weight. (BMI 20.)

Had tests done; nothing wrong. It puts my mind at rest, to know it comes with tapering.

Hope you"ll put on some weight soon.

Hi Kachina, great news! Hope you put on the pounds again soon. I got asked that too; are you eating properly? Meaning;" you look awful".

Hi Demelza,  I think that's a wise decision. It will help you put on weight again and hopefully get more energy.

About the aging you mentioned ; so have I. Don't like what I see in the mirror. The bags under my eyes are bigger, face smaller,  but especially the twinkle in my eyes has gone. Not much fun in life at the moment,  is there? Hope it will all improve with time. Bon appetit! 

Hi Trochsetter!

I dread going out with friends because some tell me how skinny I am and I don’t even know what to answer. Nobody knows about quitting benzos, some are on benzos themselves. Doctors don’t know the first thing about this process, I’ve only met a physical therapist familiar with what this entitles, he told me benzos mess up your metabolism. I always wanted to loose five pounds, now I would give anything to gain ten pounds, just to look normal.

Thanks!

Demelza